PDA

View Full Version : Cast bullet reference book

Catch
02-08-2008, 11:54 PM
Is it possible to find a book that has pictures of the bullets offered by all the makers of molds, and their numbers or codes? This would really be helpful for me. I have an old Lyman book that has most of their old molds that I have used until it is about to fall apart. I sure would like to find a book that has all of them, but I guess I am dreaming. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Thanks,
Catch

dromia
02-09-2008, 07:00 AM
Not that I'm aware of.

Any such publication would be out of date practically as soon as it was printed.

Why don't you just download all the catalogue illustration pages from the makers sites, print them off, staple together and away you go.

You can then catalogue them as you require, maker,calibre, type, pistol, rifle whatever suits your needs.

The Cast Pics sister site, link below, has some out of production mould lists and comprehensive Lyman/Ideal lists.

I have all the catalogues printed off but not collated, that way I can browse, cross reference and dream.

I'm a paper based, tactile, analogue life form. This virtual digital stuff certainly has its uses, this board is a class example but I can't get excited about the medium.

Bret4207
02-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Castpics has what you're looking for. Just scroll down to the bottom of this page and you'll find a link. I think the pics are under "Reasearch".

Salmon-boy
02-09-2008, 09:59 AM
The new Midway USA catalog has current production moulds listed as well as illustrations for each mould.

NVcurmudgeon
02-09-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm a paper based, tactile, analogue life form. This virtual digital stuff certainly has its uses, this board is a class example but I can't get excited about the medium.

Me too, there are no references as handy as books, and they never crash.