PDA

View Full Version : sights

Turboman
02-08-2008, 09:42 PM
HEY
Whats your thoughts on the Baldwin soule sights for the sharps?

montana_charlie
02-08-2008, 10:34 PM
I have two thoughts about them.
1. They allow a lot of windage change.
2. They cost a lot of money.

More important to you would be that...
People who shoot real long distances think the windage movement is a good thing.
and
People who own Baldwin sights think they are worth the money.

Of course, all Soule sights have that big double-knob windage adjustment, and some of them are just as expensive.
Thing is, the owners of those sights say they are worth the money, too.

What is it about the Baldwin that has caught your eye?

CM

4060MAY
02-08-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm going to chime in here with an Opinion
IIRC Baldwin sights work the same as scopes, for windage and elevation. Front sight is best, Tang sight is a good one.
My preference is Hoke sights, I shoot with Kermit and his products are the best. I have had MVA, sight and they are OK but I like the adjustable dovetail with a gib to tighten the sight up.
They all wear over time.
If you are going to shoot competition the sight cannot have any play in it, period, nada.
would you try to shoot well with a scope that moved .001-.003, not repeating the movement, doesn't work.
Now if you are hunting or just putzing around, doesn't seem to matter, might just as well use the barrel sights.

Just an opinion from a BPCR match shooter.

Turboman
02-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the reply
What caught my eye is the quality,My buddy has a mva and next tothem its like a cadilac next to a vw,The baldwins seem to be built like a tank,Sturdy as heck built to last,And the adjustments are excellant.

Turboman
02-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Got the baldwins,They fit the pedersoli like a glove,Going out tomorrow good lord willing we wil get her sighted in:-D

Jon K
02-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Turboman,

I have 2 guns with Baldwin LR Soule Sights, I bought the second one becuse I was happy with the 1st one, sturdy durable and I like the brush finish on the staff- easy to read. I have had others and my top pick is MVA & Baldwin.

Have fun Shooting,
Jon

Turboman
02-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Well today was the day,Got the ol sharps out and went to the range with pops,I got her sighted in at 100 yards pretty fast,Those sights are a gem to use.:)Went to 200 with a few rounds and tried my hand at using the sights alittle,The top 3 are my first 200 yard shots after moving from the 100 yard line and changing the sights,The other 5 are after tweaking those sights just alittle more,Im very happy with the results,Alittle more tweaking and we just may beable to walk her out even farther.:mrgreen:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee77/turboman4570/IMG_0403.jpg

jhrosier
02-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Turboman,
That is a very impressive target!
What make & caliber is your Sharps?
I've been thinking about a Uberti Highwall, but I might change my mind...

Jack

Turboman
02-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Its a Pedersoli long range rifle in 4570 caliber,Only thing ive added is a set of baldwin sights,The sights that came with it are ok,But I Wanted something just alitle better.
jeff

Guido4198
02-17-2008, 09:08 AM
What's yer load...???
Cheers,
Don

Kenny Wasserburger
02-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Both the Baldwin and the MVA are top quality sights. Well made and repeatable, check the winners circles they are the only 2 listed much of the time.

Hoke is also a top quality sight, I know of one world champ long range shooter that favors them.

Kenny W.

Kenny Wasserburger
02-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Oh and Turbo,

A mighty fine target there!

Kenny Wasserburger