PDA

View Full Version : Would this work?

eka
02-08-2008, 12:11 AM
I surfed across a Lyman 17AEU front target sight. It is made for a European dovetail and is marketed toward the Lyman Great Plains muzzle loader. I was thinking this just may be exactly what I have been looking for on my Yugo 24/47. I have a Lyman 57 SME receiver sight on the rear already.

Have I been drinking too much caffeine again, or could this work? I was just about to order a new metric dovetail post front sight from Brownells when I stumbled across this.

Keith

Buckshot
02-08-2008, 02:16 AM
I surfed across a Lyman 17AEU front target sight. It is made for a European dovetail and is marketed toward the Lyman Great Plains muzzle loader. I was thinking this just may be exactly what I have been looking for on my Yugo 24/47. I have a Lyman 57 SME receiver sight on the rear already.

Have I been drinking too much caffeine again, or could this work? I was just about to order a new metric dovetail post front sight from Brownells when I stumbled across this.

Keith

I'm not familiar with that Lyman. Is the dovetail for the Mauser military dovetail or just an 11mm dovetail?

................Buckshot

eka
02-08-2008, 09:45 AM
That's what I don't know either Rick. Larry Gibson mentioned he used the metric dovetail post sight that Brownells sells. Now I don't know if a European dovetail is the same thing or not. I may give Lyman a call just to see what they can tell me about that sight.

Anyone know that particulars on the Yugo 24/47 front sight dovetail?

Keith

nicholst55
02-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Call the Brownells Tech Support line and ask them; they'll be able to tell you what it will fit.

NickSS
02-08-2008, 10:19 PM
The Lyman 17 European is a metric cut dovetail of slightly smaller than the standard 3/8" on ammerican rifles. They will not fit the military Mauser sight base. However, Brownels sells a flat sided blade sight made for the Sweadish 96 mauser that will fit the Yougo 24/47 sight base. It provides a much better sight picture than the issue pyramid shape and is high enough that you can file it down to zero your rifle with a prefered load.