PDA

View Full Version : front sights

10mm Witness
10-25-2014, 11:30 PM
when shooting my pistol the front sight moves to the right. I am right handed. When the trigger breaks and releases the hammer the trigger swings to its full reward travel and the pistol pulls to the right. What causes this? Is it because I am pulling the trigger and not squeezing? Is the trigger spring too heavy? Maybe the hammer spring? I hold the trigger in the 1st knuckle crease of my index finger. I need to know whats going on as my first 2-3 quick shots are always to the right then if i slow down and eye up the target I can hit where I am aiming usually. The pistol is a Tanfoglia Witness 10mm.

monadnock#5
10-26-2014, 12:35 AM
If any portion of your trigger finger is rubbing on the frame as you squeeze off a round, it would be a contributing factor. If so, use less finger on the trigger.

Pinsnscrews
10-26-2014, 05:59 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ChSazF41q-s

watch Jerry's trigger finger. In the views I could get a good view of his finger, he is mostly using the pad of his finger, and not the knuckle. I found for myself when I went to the range and started working the trigger as I observed from his video, I stopped shanking to the right. I got a more consistant pull backwards, instead of pulling to the side.

Wise Owl
10-26-2014, 10:20 AM
http://www.personaldefensenetwork.com/dealing-with-the-double-action-trigger/

44man
10-26-2014, 10:31 AM
Pad of the finger, never as deep as the knuckle. Most guys will go too deep with the finger on the frame and pull shots left by pushing sideways. Need to pull straight back. I suppose you could pull right but most will shoot left.

hp246
10-26-2014, 10:46 AM
What part of the trigger are you contacting? In addition to having too much finger on the trigger, you may also be pulling the trigger from the mid portion of the trigger. The trigger is simply a lever. Take advantage of the lever and decrease the pull by using the pad of your finger on the end of the lever. The best illustration I ever heard was image that trigger is a long glass rod that you want to snap. You are going to snap that rod more efficiently by being on the very end of the rod.

Garyshome
10-26-2014, 10:53 AM
Dry fire practice is needed. I had the same problem and could see it happening in dry fire.