PDA

View Full Version : Jim Clark article 'Reloading .38 and .45 Pistol Ammunition'

jell-dog
10-25-2014, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Jim Watson
I used to have Gun Digests going back that far and I recall the Hebard and Bellah articles. Gil Hebard's piece, which includes a little reloading information, is reprinted in the Pistol Shooter's Treasury.

That little book includes an article by Jim Clark 'Reloading .38 and .45 Pistol Ammunition' reprinted from American Rifleman.
It does not mention the Model 52. I would not expect it to, Jim Clark was then in the business of converting Colt .38 Supers to .38 Special and the Smith was his only competitor.

beagle
10-26-2014, 11:03 PM
It may have been written before the Smith M52 hit the street. As I recall, Clark, Dinan, Pachymar and a host of others were turning out custom .38 Special target guns on M1911A1s several years before the Model 52 and Colt Midrange Match became available. In fact this trend is what prompted their development. Those were the good old days./beagle

jell-dog
10-27-2014, 12:38 AM
beagle,
Thank you for your response.
The Clark Sr article may not mention the M52, but it would be a great addition to my collection on loading for the .38 spl.
The following are some (but not all) of the interesting articles that are contained in Pistol Shooters Treasury edited by Gil Hebard:

.38 and .45 Pistol Ammunition' by Jim Clark, reprinted from American Rifleman

A Testfire Report on the S&W Model 52 by Gil Hebard, reprinted from The Gun Digest, 17th Annual Edition, 1963

Tips on Reloading Match Ammunition by Gil Hebard,

And many more interesting articles that are relevant to today’s shooting styles.

Another article I found helpful in reloading with excellent information on S&W M52 reloading but not contained in The Pistol Shooter's Treasury:
Handloading The Smith & Wesson Model 52 by Kent Bellah, The Gun Digest, 17th Edition, 1963

If interested, someone may have a pdf of this article they would be willing to share.

Here is the least expensive place I have found to get a copy of The Pistol Shooter's Treasury:
http://www.larrysguns.com/Products/Pistol-Shooters-Treasury__PST.aspx

Another article of interest for those handloading .38 spl:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?156622-75-000-Wadcutters-in-a-Model-27

Regards,

jell-dog