PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Vaquero holster

knifemaker
10-24-2014, 02:29 AM
I recently purchased a Ruger Vaquero Birdshead SA in 45 ACP for a woods trail gun. I wanted a holster that would allow me to carry it concealed close to the body and high riding enough when riding in a vehicle. I also wanted a holster that was not your average looking holster and had hand carving to set off the Vaquero. I could not locate what I was looking for in many of the factory holsters and turned to checking out the custom makers. I found some close to what I wanted, but prices were around 180-200 bucks.

I then came across Black Creek Leather Works and found the holster I wanted at a better price then any of the other custom holster makers were wanting for a lined pancake style holster with hand carving. If you are in the market for a quality custom holster for your wheel gun or even semi-auto, check out Black Creek Leather Works. He offers both hand carved holsters and plain leather holsters at a reasonable price compared to many others. I have attached a photo of the holster I got from them and the turn around time was only 2 weeks to make my holster for the 3.75 inch barrel Vaquero birdshead.

High Desert Hunter
10-24-2014, 02:40 AM
Nice looking rig.

gandydancer
10-24-2014, 02:54 AM
That is a good looking rig. it looks almost like an EL-Paso rig i have for a ruger vaquero 4/5.8th" 45 LC.
I have had this one from el-paso saddlery for over 25 years both knifemaker and mine are good looking rigs. Black creek leather works make some great stuff.
gd120935

120924H]

rintinglen
10-24-2014, 06:56 AM
There's about three hours of carving and stamping on this holster. If you got it for less than 120 bucks, somebody loves you.

knifemaker
10-24-2014, 02:26 PM
Total price for the hand carved holster was $125.00. His plain pancake holsters sell for $78.00. El Paso holsters was one of the custom makers I looked at before deciding to go with Black Creek Leather Works.

WALLNUTT
10-24-2014, 10:27 PM
How in the world did you pay him? There isn't anything on the site to use paypal. How do I pay an email address ?

knifemaker
10-25-2014, 12:50 AM
I used PayPal to pay for the holster. Send him a email and he will tell you how to do it. I had no problem at all. I sell custom hunting knives and have a PayPal account. Customers who prefer PayPal send the funds to me via logging into their PayPal account and send the funds to me with payment going to my email address and PayPal notifies me that payment has been made to my account.

WALLNUTT
10-25-2014, 07:35 AM
Thanks I've used paypal only on regular commercial accounts. I'm electronically challenged and not familiar with emailing money. I'll give it a whirl. Your holster is exactly what I've been looking for and the price is somewhat reasonable cosidering the value of the dollar these days. I found my problem. I have been using old explorer. I switched to google chrome and it works . Thanks for putting up with an old fart.

knifemaker
10-26-2014, 01:45 AM
If you are a old fart, join the crowd, so am I.

WALLNUTT
10-26-2014, 07:49 PM
Mine's ordered.

knifemaker
10-26-2014, 09:13 PM
You will love it as I do mine.

bedbugbilly
10-28-2014, 09:47 AM
Nice looking holster! Just curious . . . when on your belt, how is the "retention" on the handgun? Is it easy to re-holster without looking? Are you going to wet mold it to your handgun or leave it be? I'm assuming this is an "open toe"?

I've never shot one of the Birdsheads but they sure do look nice - ought to be a very nice general purpose gun for woods and a lot of fun to shoot!

John Allen
10-28-2014, 10:15 AM
That is sharp looking. I have the same gun in 45lc and was thinking of the same thing.

WALLNUTT
11-05-2014, 11:52 PM
I got my holster. The fit is perfect,gun stays secure without a retention strap or thong. The holster is molded tight but draw and reholster is easy. It rides high on my hip making it comfortable sitting. Mine is plain,no tooling. Price was reasonable,service was good.