PDA

View Full Version : Williamsburg Gunsmith!

seagiant
10-23-2014, 09:58 PM
Hi,
I have this video on VHS and it is excellent! Shows where talent begins and fancy tools end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lui6uNPcRPA

shredder
10-24-2014, 09:59 AM
Seen that one long ago. Truly inspirational to see someone who is interested in the way things used to be done. Craftsman at work taking time to get it right by hand.

fecmech
10-24-2014, 08:54 PM
That is talent!

rking22
10-25-2014, 12:47 AM
Thanks for posting that , I thought it was still under copyright. If that is the video I am thinking of ,the finished gun was Gary Brumfield's and I got to shoot it a few times several years ago. Wonderful rifle. It had hung on the wall at the gunshop for many years and when he left he took it with him and freshed it out "a little" to clean up the bore from all the years on the wall. Completely hand made, barrel lock , everything . No touchhole liner and primed from the flask with 2F it was nice an quick, shot to the sights, and accurate as well. Awesome work !!!! Gary passed recently, hope that rifle finds someone who can appriciate it.

Idaho Sharpshooter
10-25-2014, 01:23 AM
Did Clay Smith build that rifle?

His website has a tremendous selection of new and used rifles and fowlers for sale, as well as a shop full of accoutrements.

Rich

rking22
10-25-2014, 01:33 AM
Colonial Williamsburg Gunshop 1969 for the video. Not sure it's the same as the one I am thinking of, but it was 1969 also. Wallace Gussler was the Master at that time.

seagiant
10-25-2014, 12:57 PM
Hi,
Yes! There are VERY FEW craftsman alive today that can match Mr. Gusslers work! Forging, Casting,Whitesmithing,Woodworking,Engraving,Machin ing,ect.,ect!

I downloaded this vid even though I have it on VHS! Good for inspiration!

fouronesix
10-25-2014, 01:47 PM
I believe it's still under copyright. It's available from Colonial Williamsburg Foundation- currently on DVD. Gussler is the master smith along with an apprentice. Excellent production and very humbling. Well worth watching!