PDA

View Full Version : Scope Mount for M1A

John Allen
10-21-2014, 10:27 PM
Ok, I figured I would start a new thread here for this.

I have been wanting to put a scope on my M1A for a while now. I was looking at the scope mounts that allow a standard scope not an extended eye relief version.

Money is not the issue here. I want one that will be dead on with no drift and super solid.

If anyone has put one on please let me know as I am looking for some first hand accounts.

thanks John

lefty o
10-21-2014, 10:36 PM
the two most popular choices are from sadlak, or basset. i have a sadlak aluminum mount on mine , and its rock solid.

pacomdiver
10-21-2014, 10:40 PM
I have 2, a sadlak and a gen 3 springfield, both are solid

John Allen
10-21-2014, 10:43 PM
Can the sadlaks be removed easily? Doe they hold zero after removing and replacing? I doubt I would ever do this but it is nice if it does.

seaboltm
10-21-2014, 11:00 PM
If money is no object, check here:

http://www.smithenterprise.com/products09.html

I use 2006. If you want repeatable zero, a torque wrench is needed. Anything else is of lesser quality.

Scharfschuetze
10-22-2014, 01:13 AM
I used a B Square mount for many years when testing loads in my match M1A. It was very reliable in returning to zero, and it had coarse elevation and windage adjustments in the mount so that you could zero out your windage and set your elevation to minimum in your scope. It was usable to quite long range that way. It also had brass and steel contact with the rifle and did not get dinged up like many of the mounts on the market. It was way better than the GI mount that I had on my M21 rifles in the Army.

badgerblaster
10-22-2014, 11:02 AM
I have the Bassett low picatinny and really like it. It's easy on and easy off. So far it has held zero and retains zero after putting it back on.

30calflash
10-22-2014, 12:23 PM
I have the Bassett low picatinny and really like it. It's easy on and easy off. So far it has held zero and retains zero after putting it back on.

I've heard the same on the Bassett mount. A tool comes with the mount that torques it to the correct spec. Nothing but good heard on the Bassett.

John Allen
10-22-2014, 01:54 PM
ok, thanks all. I now just have to decide between sadlak or basset

Merick
10-22-2014, 08:24 PM
With no actual experience but some research, the ARMS #18 looks like a solid design and has a low axis.