PDA

View Full Version : Finished PID

ubetcha
10-19-2014, 06:09 PM
Thanks to everyone on the posts for anything PID related. I finally built one and it works great. Set target temp to 710 * and it stayed right there +/- 1 to 2 degrees in either directions. Should have done this many years ago. Cast some Lee 44- 310 rf that have always given me trouble in the past, and of the ones I checked, they were at .432. Right were I want them. My aluminum gas checks even fit tight. The alloy I'm using is 10lbs ww's to 1 oz tin sinkers from Wally World. I used a computer power box for the case and mounted the SSR inside to the top with heat sink compound, and and this never got hot or even warm in that area.
Thanks again to all that have given advise to the people that are building them.

Recruit
10-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Pics or it didn't happen :mrgreen:

ubetcha
10-19-2014, 07:45 PM
OK, OK, I know.:smile::smile:. I still have to figure out how to post a picture. Will try in a few days. Have to sit Grandkids Monday and Tuesday. No time to take pic's and down load then.

JASON4X4
10-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Congratulations I made one not long ago and they work great

htuong95
10-19-2014, 10:20 PM
I too built one a while back. Fun project and the people here helped me greatly. Looking forward on the pictures.

RobS
10-19-2014, 10:29 PM
Another great tool in a caster's arsenal of delivering the silver stream.

Recruit
10-20-2014, 08:21 AM
OK, OK, I know.:smile::smile:. I still have to figure out how to post a picture. Will try in a few days. Have to sit Grandkids Monday and Tuesday. No time to take pic's and down load then.

Just hover your cursor over the menu bar in the Quick Reply window. The one that says "Insert Image" fourth from the right is what you're looking for.