PDA

View Full Version : my mistake

Lloyd Smale
02-06-2008, 06:35 AM
posted the other day that i scored a bunch of lineotype. About 600 lbs. I got a couple hundred from my printer buddy that was in ingot form and bought a bunch from the salvage yard. Like a dummy i didnt take a tester and he had about 250 in print form that i know is lineotype and sitting right next to it was a bunch of ingots a guy made with a pan. I scratched it and it seemed hard so i bought it. ended up being wws. So i paid like 90cents a lb for 150 lb of ww. Oh well my ww stash is getting low and it wont go to waste but i sure hate knowing i paid that much for wws!!. he had 3 55 gallon drums of wws sitting there too but wouldnt budge on price so i left them.

Nueces
02-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Lloyd, maybe it'll help you feel better to hear my local scrap dealer wants $1.50 per pound for wheelweights, when he gets them.

Mark

TAWILDCATT
02-07-2008, 02:34 PM
I was looking for a place to post THIS.my scrap dealer said he does not buy WW because they are not worth it.HOW MUCH I ASK $ .04 LB.HE SAYS.what the H**l is going on?tire place has 10 5 gal buckets of wws.If I can get them at $.05 or .10 I will.
Local gas stations are $2.79 whats yours?
Have our congress persons put in bill to FEDERALIZE the oil co.and watch prices drop.how can EXON make big profit?
I think I am giving up on this gov wait till Billery gets in or Obama.
and McCain aint any better.[smilie=1:--:coffee:--:Fire: