PDA

View Full Version : CZ 527 trigger job

kbstenberg
10-18-2014, 08:15 AM
I recently got a 527 with one of the worst triggers I have ever shot.
Has anyone ever worked on the trigger assemble to smooth I out? Rather than just through a new one in. Kevin

Jack Stanley
10-18-2014, 08:39 AM
Mine is not the best trigger I've ever had but when the trigger is pushed forward it's goes to the "set" mode . The beast changes at that point and it's a great trigger .

Jack

kbstenberg
10-18-2014, 09:05 AM
Thank you Jack.
Yes I know about the set trigger. But I would prefer to smooth out the standard trigger. The set trigger is too light for field work.

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-18-2014, 04:45 PM
hmmm, the reason I bought my CZ527 in 222rem was because of the awesome trigger. The trigger is adjustable for creep, pull, and over-travel. see the owners manual, page 20. Maybe there is some debris in the mech...maybe try cleaning it ?

http://stevespages.com/pdf/cz527.pdf

koehlerrk
10-18-2014, 09:50 PM
I'll second that.. the CZ 27 has a fully adjustable trigger. To adjust it, one must follow the procedure in the manual exactly... trying to do things out of sequence will end with you frustrated and the trigger horrible. Just ask my buddy Kevin.

He called me just livid because the trigger was junk in his words. I asked if he set it by the book... silence. Told him to try it how the book shows.

A day later he called back, all apologetic and singing the praises of the CZ trigger.

If it was my rifle, and yes, I already own one, I'd try the book-decribed setting procedure, and also look for any debris in the mechanism, and do that at least twice before I considered a good gunsmith trigger job.