PDA

View Full Version : Henry Bigboy 45 colt

bc3660
02-05-2008, 06:35 PM
I have a Henry Bigboy in 45colt and am having problems with rapid fire. It jams or wont feed right. anyone know how to fix this or know some one how might be able to advise? I use it for SASS events. Thanks Steve :castmine:

willy
02-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Check the length of the loaded round.
Lever actions seem pretty paticuler about that.

Willy

bc3660
02-06-2008, 07:43 PM
checked and they are to spec. But in doing so noticed that the crimp was not even all the way around. They have a small lip around half or less that is catching on the chamber mouth. I am useing a leepro 1000 progresive press. anyone know if I can swap the lee dies for RCBS? Thanks Steve

oneokie
02-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Have you tried to adjust the seat/ crimp die? Is a factory crimp die?

runfiverun
02-06-2008, 11:26 PM
i had a lee seater that liked to seat my colts crooked on my dillon
replaced it with rcbs they were much straighter
i would definately call henry about this for what you pay for one of these
it should feed itself

runfiverun

Throckmorton
02-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Yes,most any dies will work in your Lee press...at least those made in the last 10 years.
I'd call Lee 1st and see if they have a fix for it,or would maybe replace the die.

gcollins
02-20-2008, 08:15 AM
oneokie I think is right, i have the same gun in and I pulled it out of the box checked it over, went to the range with my CB pistol loads,lt did the same thing, I had 3 diff types of bullet config's and they all did that. came home, went to the reloading room, run the crimper die down just a littlle, ran all 3 types threw the press with more crimp, and that fixed it.
I don't know if that will do it for you, but that would be the first thing I would do, it does not take much of a lip of anykind on a lever gun to cause it to jam.
I am going to shoot the local Cowboy Shoots around here, and once I got that lined out i really like that gun, the SASS big boys don't like them because of the side eject, I allmost didn't buy mine because of that and what the big boys were saying, but I bought it, and I love it! The action is smooth the trigger pull is great and it shoots strait with my powder puff loads!
Hope this helps
Greg

corvette8n
02-20-2008, 01:27 PM
How does it work with factory ammo?, Henry is good about fixing things.
Any die should work, I think RCBS or Redding have Cowboy action dies, not sure what the differance is.