PDA

View Full Version : CZ 75B vs. the CZ 75B Omega

wv109323
10-15-2014, 10:00 PM
I am considering purchasing one or the other of these two. The CZ website says the Omega trigger is an updated, more robust, fewer parts, easier to disassemble, lighter trigger weight, less expensive system over the original CZ 75B trigger. There is nothing here not to like with their description.
The website forums bad mouth the Omega system with no explanation, and say to get the CZ 75B and have the trigger worked over.
With the LGS people, you get the "Calf looking at a new gate" when you ask the question about the differences, usually followed by " I have no idea".
Can anyone here explain the differences and give their opinions as to one versus the other?

BethelHntr
10-15-2014, 11:33 PM
I don't have anything on the omega other than they just were not liked but the 75 B iirc is a single action only and can be tuned to a race ready condition, CZ's do have real fine triggers to start with. You could call cz customs for your answers if you don't find it here, They are based in Arizona.

PB234
10-16-2014, 08:20 AM
If I were buying a new CZ I would look at Damascus Gun Shop's (good people & good prices & immediate shipping) web site and have it shipped directly to Cajun Gun Works to be upgraded. If I had questions I would call both of them and ask. Remember that taking time from David at CGW is like taking money out of his pocket.

Rich S.
10-16-2014, 11:09 AM
Do your research on czfirearms.us.
Lots of good info on CZ pistols there.

Ed_Shot
10-18-2014, 08:53 PM
I'm partial to CZ's. My 75B was upgraded by CZ Custom and this year I got a 97BE from Cajun Gunworks. Superb weapons. Neither has an omega trigger (on purpose). The question I ask is: "When CZ developed the Omega Trigger system (which was some time ago) why didn't they adopt it as the standard for the CZ line?"