PDA

View Full Version : planning finally paid off!

madcaster
02-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Bueatiful day here in the mountains of Ole VirginnyIA here today,been wanting to smelt some wheelweights up and stock up on ingots.
Finally got it done.:-D
Note to self,Must get out more!:bigsmyl2:

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Way to go. I'm jealous. My wheel weight stock is gone and I've got to go looking some more.

Regards,

Dave

jleneave
02-05-2008, 07:33 PM
It was a warm day here in KY too, 73Deg F, but is was real cloudy and they are calling for severe storms late this afternoon and tonight. I really wanted to melt down some WW too, but the last time I did it when it was cloudy with a chance of rain it started sprinkling and I had 2 10lbs pot on the coleman stove. I had to hurry and shut it all down and get it under the porch. It scared the crap out of me because of the stories I have heard about water and molten lead! So I passed on it. I would say after the storms pass through here they will be heading your way.

madcaster
02-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Oh,THANKS jleneave!:bigsmyl2:
We really can use the rain,besides,I have a 3 sided shed-4 if you count the top,so as I can smelt while it is raining,but I aein't gonna try that,my .45/70 is complaining about it's bellybutton meeting up with it's spine!:kidding:

jleneave
02-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Maybe the severe weather will miss you. It looks more like it is moving NNE pretty fast. As I type this we are under a tornado WARNING and the forecast is for the same type of weather until 4 or 5 am. Looks like it is going to be a long night.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
02-05-2008, 11:58 PM
jleneave,

I'm jealous, we could really use that rain here in NE Georgia, but a good bit of it is going ot miss us.

Regards,

Dave

georgeld
02-06-2008, 02:26 AM
Shouldn't amount to much unless it develope's some spinners.
when I got up about 7am this morning the foot of snow they promised was only 2-3" and many places bare, other place's 10" deep drifts. sure looks like it blew hard. Takes' a heavy wind to pile up snow like that when there isn't much of it fall.

Warmed up to about 29 today, SE CO.

runfiverun
02-06-2008, 11:15 PM
you guys need some moisture?
pay the shipping i will ship you some snow if i can ship enough i probably could
clear the 3' off the range

happy day then.

runfiverun

jleneave
02-07-2008, 07:10 PM
when I got up about 7am this morning the foot of snow they promised was only 2-3" and many places bare, other place's 10" deep drifts. sure looks like it blew hard. Takes' a heavy wind to pile up snow like that when there isn't much of it fall.

There were several tornados with this storm. It killed 3 people in the county north of where I live, which is about 30 miles away. There were several houses completely destroyed in the county just west of here, about 15-20 miles away. The storms that came directly over my house got pretty scary at times. There was some minor damage in the immeadiate area. Glad it is over!!

jleneave
02-07-2008, 07:19 PM

There were several tornados with this storm. It killed 3 people in the county north of where I live, which is about 30 miles away. There were several houses completely destroyed in the county just west of here, about 15-20 miles away. The storms that came directly over my house got pretty scary at times. There was some minor damage in the immeadiate area. Glad it is over!! Our high temp on Tueday was in the mid 70 degrees F and the next morning it was 35 degrees F. I can't ever remember a winter like the one we have had this year! It is just crazy!! Our area has broken several high temp records in January and in Feburary!! It really makes you think about the global warming issue.

madcaster,
did ya'll receive any weather from this storm system in your area??

DaveInFloweryBranchGA,
It looked like NE Georgia was going to get some bad weather that night on the news radar. Did ya'll get any of it??

madcaster
02-07-2008, 11:31 PM
It surprised me in a way,sustained wind,but it seemed most of the wind speed had declined by the time it got to me.

jleneave
02-08-2008, 10:05 PM
It surprised me in a way,sustained wind,but it seemed most of the wind speed had declined by the time it got to me.

Glad to hear that the storms fell apart before they got to you. A few counties east of here and just a cross the state line into Tennessee had several people killed. Lastnight on the news they said that there was still 200 people that are unaccounted for in the Tenessee county!!