PDA

View Full Version : XS big dot sights - anyone tried them?

PB234
10-15-2014, 12:14 AM
Got CZ Rami and had it worked over by Cajun Gun Works who did a great job. I am thinking that XS Sight Systems dot sights might make it easier to quickly pick up and align the sights. Anyone have experience with this sight system and if so any comments as to picking the standard size front dot or the big dot?

I am not getting younger and the front sight is a bit slower for me to acquire than it used to be. Maybe I could pick up half a second with better sights.

https://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=8527

Thanks in advance for your help.

crabo
10-15-2014, 12:35 AM
I shot them on a friends gun and did not like them. It is a fast sight and not for precision shot placement. Would suck out at any distance.

phonejack
10-15-2014, 06:33 AM
I'm 68. Last spring I had them installed on a 1911. Some people like them. I'm not one of them.

Char-Gar
10-15-2014, 08:02 AM
I have used several sets and they are great for a defensive pistol. They are not precision sights to shoot itty bitty groups, but if you can control your trigger and handgun you can hit a man's head at 50 yards and that is all they are designed to do. For up close and quick shooting they are the best available.

Not all handguns are designed to do the same thing and neither are all handgun sights. You choose your handguns and sights for what you want them to do.

I have them on my Glock 19 carry gun and my Glock 17 house pistol. I don't consider Glocks of any stripe to be sporting firearms and never use them as such. They are to save my skin from a attacker and nothing more.

Bohica793
10-15-2014, 08:07 AM
I have a set on my 1911 which I carry and shoot in IDPA. I love them and will be putting a set on whatever 9mm I pick up later. If I want precision shooting, I'm using one of my wheelguns, but for carry and defensive pistol I think these are great.

contender1
10-15-2014, 08:44 AM
I got a set & put them on a 1911 that I built for competition. For that purpose, they work just fine.

Outpost75
10-15-2014, 08:57 AM
I shot them on a friends gun and did not like them. It is a fast sight and not for precision shot placement. Would suck out at any distance.

That was my experience also on the Cowboy rifle and on .45 I had them on for a while. Big dot is fine for quick snap-shots up close on BIG targets, but is no good at all for anything requiring precision beyond 25 yards.

PB234
10-15-2014, 10:58 AM
This is a carry defensive pistol and thanks all for the advice. Will install the new sights and see how they work. Advice is much appreciated.

TheGrimReaper
10-15-2014, 11:08 AM
I myself LOVE them. I put them on all my carry pistols.

PB234
10-15-2014, 11:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY5RURFEGd8

square butte
10-15-2014, 01:12 PM
I have a large dot set on a 1911 that I wish had the smaller (or lower) front sight on it. My shooting/sighting habits over the last 50+ years have me placing what I am shooting at - just over the top of the front sight. Consequently, with this setup, I tend to shoot low - As this is a "cover what you want to hit with the front sight" system. Can't seem to break the habit as this is the only handgun I shoot with this setup.