PDA

View Full Version : Just snagged a Frankford Arsenal rotary tumbler for $168.

zanemoseley
10-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Optics planet already had a decent price on the rotary tumbler but also has a 10% coupon for the next day to bring the price down to $168 shipped. I'm just getting into reloading and needed a tumbler, I was considering a smaller tumbler and considered a diy option but for this price I couldn't resist. This thing has amazing reviews on both Amazon and Midway. It also already comes with 5 pounds of stainless media.

beroen
10-14-2014, 11:24 PM
Subscribed I am a newbie reloader also. some guys have given it bad reviews I was guessing they where loading it to the max every time or something.. I was going to buy one but I went the harbor freight route with the 2 year service plan I spent to much on a charge master and a redding turret Eekk [emoji16]..

Hopefully in the future. Let us know how the internal separator works I thought that was real cool And how you like it over all.

Bayou52
10-15-2014, 09:50 AM
This thing has amazing reviews on both Amazon and Midway. It also already comes with 5 pounds of stainless media.

Sounds good, but just a tip from someone who's been there: I would measure the diameter of those SS pins with a caliper. If they are .041" diameter, then you will need to check the flash holes in each tumbled case since this size pins will get stuck in flash holes, side-by-side, in 3 - 5% of the cases.

I learned this the hard way with the pins that came with my tumbler set-up a few years ago. I've since switched to a larger SS pin with a diameter of .047" diameter. The result is no more pins stuck in flash holes.

Bayou52

zanemoseley
10-15-2014, 10:51 AM
I'd say they are .041" diameter, it seems that's by far the most common size.