PDA

View Full Version : New Tokarev!

Freightman
10-10-2014, 06:30 PM
Just got a new -old Hungarian Tokarev from J&G WOW look as new couldn't believe it when I saw it. Mfg in 1956

bruce drake
10-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Good find! I just got the J&G Sales flyer along with the SOG flyer in the mail today. Just in time for Christmas shopping!!!

Freightman
10-11-2014, 02:21 PM
Went to the range shot 50 rds of cast and 50 rds of FMJ's not one mishap, accurate, mild recoil couldn't be more pleased. For $197 shipped to my door and great shooter what could be better.

birch
10-11-2014, 10:56 PM
I bought one of the Polish Toks and it came brand new. It is accurate and a keeper. I would strongly urge you to do a detailed cleaning of the firing pin/channel. I won't go into the details, but I let the slide go on a full mag and it chambered one and fired it much faster than I would have liked--in a very unfortunate place/time. There was a hard piece of cosmo in the channel that hung the firing pin. There may or may not be a 30 cal hole in my bedroom floor. My wife may or may not have been sitting in the living room getting ready for work.

It was one of the most valuable learning experiences of my life. 

spfd1903
10-11-2014, 11:22 PM
I bought a Polish Tokarev a few years ago that is reliable and most accurate with cast boolits. It came with one magazine, so over time I bought magazines made in Rumania, and another Polish. None of the other mags allow full function. They may allow the first two rounds to fire, then the third and remainder will eject the brass, but not let the next round fully chamber. Have cleaned, polished the feed ramp, tried new springs, and done comparative measurements, but no improvement. The pistol and original mag are awesome. Congrats

ReloaderEd
10-12-2014, 01:23 PM
Biggest "bang" for the buck Frank but which would you rather have a 1911 ot the Tok?

Freightman
10-12-2014, 02:01 PM
Biggest "bang" for the buck Frank but which would you rather have a 1911 ot the Tok?
Don't have to pick I have both and like both and load for both.Well I haven't shot a store bought round in at least ten years for anything I shoot, can't afford it.

bruce drake
10-13-2014, 10:23 PM
Sounds like me. I own two 1911 frames from Rock Island Armory. The first frame and slide is setup as a switch-barrel for 45ACP and .400 Corbon and the second frame has been setup as also in 9mm Luger and 38 Super. And last week I picked up a Romanian TT-33 in a trade for a Turk 1903 Mauser. I took all 3 pistols to the range this weekend and I will tell you that the TT-33 in 7.62x25 is almost as pleasurable to shoot as my 1911 in 9mm Luger.

Bruce