PDA

View Full Version : last chance for Powder By The Pound, we're done here

meicalnissyen
10-08-2014, 06:32 PM
So, in another thread I outlined some issues with PBTP, also noted they were very good with speedy no hassle exchanges.

unfortunately they cannot seem to amend their consistent practice of sending me bags of powder that are heat fused into a block

I am done with them, gave em one last chance, and they **** the bed.

SOooooo,

smokeman,....

need a couple pounds of clear

PM me118582

meicalnissyen
10-08-2014, 06:54 PM
I just wanted to post a shot of the first jacked up bag, alongside the second, (well third, counting my first order a couple months ago) jacked up bag
and placed in such a way as to be very clear..... on the solidity of the shipped product

shoulda heard the clunk when the one on the right tipped over after the shot118583

RP
10-10-2014, 12:48 AM
Maybe its like a bag of ice you need to slam it down on the pavement to break it up ? Then run it in a flour shifter. Heck is it vacuum seal that's just crazy three times and still getting worthless product. What do they say when you return it and tell them what is going on ?
On a side note the place I get powder from his left overs from different jobs had a flour shifter sitting on the shelf with the powders and I asked why. He informed me that sometimes he runs the powder threw it if its is sticking together but I am sure he was not dealing with a block of powder.
Hope you get it worked out and can get back to PC some bullets soon.

LAGS
10-10-2014, 01:06 AM
OK.
We have a bad review on one supplier of powder.
Let us move forward, and add some recomendations to where we Should by our powder coating supplies.

I am totally new to this game, and could use as much help as I can get, both positive and Negative.

DanOH
10-10-2014, 05:41 AM
FLOUR SIFTER!!!
The newest craze in powder coat application!!!
Throw away those toy air soft be be's and head for the kitchen!
no more dangerous electro-static ray gunz!

ok who's gonna be the first to try it?

meicalnissyen
10-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Maybe its like a bag of ice you need to slam it down on the pavement to break it up Then run it in a flour shifter. Heck is it vacuum seal that's just crazy three times and still getting worthless product. What do they say when you return it and tell them what is going on ?

well first, they happily send a replacement with a return shipping label

on the first order, which was a pound each of black and clear, the clear came in one of there jars, and was an unusable hard block. the black was double bagged with a twist ties and yeah by whacking and mushing it around, i was able to get it to shoot. they did offer to replace it as well, but since I had it pretty well repowdered, I elected to work withit

second order was 2 lb of clear, unusable hard chunk in a double bag twistties, the replacement shiipment looks like the black from the first order in that I will likely be able reprocess it enough to use it

in any case, what is happening? they think heat in the ups truck. Me? dunno, don't care, don't think I should pay premium price and have to eff with something to get it to work. I mean, I can, but i shouldnt have to

the sifter is a great idea

mozeppa
10-10-2014, 09:07 AM
i just bought 16 pounds of powder from "smoke"
in 8 colors.
it came double bags and all came to me in perfect condition.

thanks smoke!

Beagle333
10-10-2014, 12:46 PM
"Smoke" is the way to go. Nice fluffy powder, double ziplocked for dryness and packed well. It's actually so light and fluffy that I have started to scoop it gently from the bag with a plastic spoon and slide that down into the sprayer jar and dump slowly as my means of refilling the jar, because it is so light and airy that a good cloud can be created if it is just dumped in there rather briskly.

sdcitizen
10-10-2014, 02:18 PM
I have never received any powder from other manufacturers that look like that, even the 10 year old powder that I got with the ES gun doesn't resemble that. Far and away smoke's powder is the best I have tried though.

RP
10-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Must be one hot delivery truck good to see that they did not give you a hard time just wondering how the service was.
Danoh I think if your going to use a shifter to apply the PC you should be the first the fellow I was speaking of just used it to remove any thing that was clumping before spraying. But toss in some BBs powder and bullets you may be on to something lol.

garym1a2
10-10-2014, 04:18 PM
My guess is humity or supplier process problem not heat. If its hot enough to melt the powder coat than the bag should be melted.
Must be one hot delivery truck good to see that they did not give you a hard time just wondering how the service was.
Danoh I think if your going to use a shifter to apply the PC you should be the first the fellow I was speaking of just used it to remove any thing that was clumping before spraying. But toss in some BBs powder and bullets you may be on to something lol.

Freightman
10-18-2014, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=meicalnissyen;2963058]they think heat in the ups truck.
Good an excuse as any but an excuse

Dragonheart
10-19-2014, 07:58 AM
I use Prismatic Powder http://www.prismaticpowders.com as this is where a lot of the big commercial powder coating companies buy. You might want to give them a try. I found a huge selection of quality U.S. made powder, a better price and very prompt shipping. You don't need to purchase big quantities, they sell by the pound. I have also had good luck with their answering my questions. If you want good results with your powder coating, get a good quality U.S. made powder and not some of this Chinese ****.

Chuck Walla
10-19-2014, 08:43 PM
I was reading on another site, and a guy there was saying that he had the best luck with Super Durable Wet Black from Powder by The Pound. The reason he said it worked the best is because it's made from TGIC polyester instead of epoxy resin like the Harbor Freight type. Dragon, do you know if the powder from prismatic is TGIC polyester or epoxy type? I couldn't find it on their website. According to that guy the TGIC works way better for applying it in the plastic bowl method. After seeing the problems the op is having with powder by the pound, I don't think I want to order from them.

prickett
10-20-2014, 01:43 AM
All Powder Paints also sells Super Durable Wet Black (and for less than PbtP).

docstodd
10-20-2014, 01:05 PM
I think it must be something in the shipping. I have received about five orders in five or six colors including clear from pbtp all got to me in good shape. having said that I think future orders will be with smoke. I like that he has tested these in the tumble method and his prices are better