PDA

View Full Version : Mounted my new Rock Chucker press yesterday

bigarm
10-08-2014, 11:56 AM
I kind of accidentally won a Rock Chucker press on ebay when I bid on a whim, not expecting to win, and did win. The bench I needed to mount this on is much higher than the one my Dillon's are mounted on (about 7 inches higher). With the Dillon's I used a Dillon Strong Mount on one and an Inline Fabrication ultra mount on the other, but felt I couldn't use it on this one because of the height difference. I noticed that Inline had a micro mount that was only 4 inches tall, so ordered that. My bench has a 2x4 plus molding on the front making it hard to mount directly to the front using through bolts. I was hoping that the Inline mount would move it back it enough to do so, but I still had to use lag bolts on the front mounting holes of the mount. At least I was able to use through bolts on the back mounting holes. Hopefully this will be good enough. It seems pretty solid. If you have not used anything by Inline Fabrication, you should check out their website. Very good stuff available for different presses.

BK7saum
10-08-2014, 04:21 PM
I bought a couple of Micro Ultras from Inline a while back. Definitely top quality. My bench is 41" tall and I didn't need the full height of the regular Ultra Mount.

I also purchased some of the add-ons he sells for the presses.

Weaponologist
10-08-2014, 11:47 PM
Bigarm, Inline also makes a Quick change system that bolts right to the table. that way you can change presses out with just 2 wingnuts should you win any more presses..I have one of the quick change systems and love it..I have a really tall bench so I didn't need the legs. I change between my Rock Chucker and my Dillon 550b in seconds...see his video on it...

bigarm
10-09-2014, 12:35 AM
Thanks. Didn't realize he had that also. He has too many cool things for presses. I have the regular ultra mount for one of my 550's, the micro mount for the Rock Chucker, the skylight for both 550's, bin systems for one 550, the ergo lever for one 550, the shell holder, die holder and primer tube holder. I see he has a mounting system for the Dillon Super Swage 600 also. I want the ergo lever for the other 550, but have to buy a few things at a time. Between stuff for my presses and stuff for my casting, I never run out of things to want.