PDA

View Full Version : Small ring compatibility question.

polara426sh
10-07-2014, 10:06 PM
I have a 91 Argentine that I am planning on restocking over this winter, and was wondering if 93, 95 etc. bottom metal would fit? I've been having problems with getting the last round to feed reliably from the magazine, and while laying awake in bed the other night it came to me that if I was going to restock it anyway, why not just go with the staggered box design of the later Mausers? Has anyone tired this, and if so does the 7.65 feed reliably?

elk hunter
10-08-2014, 10:06 AM
The problem I see is that the action was designed for a single stack magazine. You would need to machine the bottom of the action to the proper configuration for a staggered box magazine. It might be possible, and I like a challenge, but I wouldn't want to try it. Perhaps someone has done this and will speak up and say "nothing to it', but I'd be surprised.

polara426sh
10-09-2014, 09:37 PM
I hadn't really thought about the bottom of the action much, it was just an idea I had while I was half asleep. Looking at the bottom of my 98 and comparing it to the 91, it doesn't look like a simple job.