PDA

View Full Version : Close your eyes and go back in time!

DCP
10-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Close your eyes and go back in time!

Its long but its worth it.
A slower time. I feel sorry for all that miss it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj7bPEKIsvA

reloader28
10-06-2014, 10:44 PM
I'm only 43 and remember all this.
Luckilly, our kids remember allota this kinda stuff, too. Thats how we brought them up. Maybe its has to do with growing up 40 miles from town. On summer break it was just me and my brothers all summer.

popper
10-06-2014, 11:04 PM
Grey ghost, Ali,ali, in free. What was a street light? You want to go some place, walk of run. Home for dinner & in before bed time. Parents didn't worry about you.

MaryB
10-06-2014, 11:33 PM
Back to a simpler time when family was strong

10x
10-07-2014, 08:57 AM
Yup, my early years, no running water, no electricity, heating and cooking with wood. Feeding livestock at -35F in the dark, milking cows by the light of a coal oil lantern, having a flashlight and not being able to afford batteries.
Watching Sputnik traveling across the western sky an hour after sunset (sputnik was the first satellite in orbit), not being able to afford a vehicle with a radio...
The nearest radio station was over 100 miles away by road and the signal was only strong enough to hear after sunset.
Now I have a pickup and listen to radio broadcast from a satellite.
Times change, sometimes for the better...
I really do appreciate the discovery of toilet paper in the mid 1950s and the industrial technology that made it affordable....

Col4570
10-07-2014, 09:10 AM
It brought a lump to my throat,nostalgia can be a pattern for the future and we certainly need some good thoughts in this sometimes bleak World.Good luck to all the oldies and to the youngsters who make up this brotherhood/sisterhood of man/woman we need to make it a better place for those to come.

Hickory
10-07-2014, 09:25 AM
That was a good break from reality.
Thanks.

smokeywolf
10-07-2014, 10:41 AM
Oh yeah, 16 oz. Pepsi for 10 cents with 5 cents back on the bottle. Milk, eggs, cottage cheese delivered by the milkman. Rubber band guns, Mattel cap guns, cowboys and indians, Sky King, Roy Rogers, Highway Patrol. Baseball in the yard. Elm tree in the back yard that I used to climb.

smokeywolf

facetious
10-08-2014, 02:18 AM
That's just what it was like for me growing up in MN. Where i live now you hardly ever see kids out side. I know there somewhere. I live close to three schools and there are bunch of them when school lets out and then thy just disappear till the next day.

Funny i was just thinking about that to day while walking the dogs. You hardly ever see kids riding bikes just for fun. When I was a kid in the 60's and 70's we all practically lived on our bikes. I couldn't stop thinking that bicycles must have been the video game of our day. I wonder if our parents ever worried that we were spending to much time on them?

After watching it again I saw this on the side and accidentally clicked on it it was the song thy played at my moms funeral. It is hard to think that it has been ten years. It is funny how fast time go's by, 45 years a go we were our our bikes wondering what life was going to be like in the 21'st century. Now I'm thinking maybe I should get another bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I

6bg6ga
10-08-2014, 06:30 AM
Taking my Maverick Gun and holster to school for show and tell. Gas at .23 @ gal for leaded premium. A&W root beer for 10 cents a mug. Hollowing out moms apples and inserting firecrackers in the center and playing war. Drive in theatres with that special girl/girls. Sneaking into drive ins by hiding people in the trunk. Stop light drag racing. Baby moon hub caps.

smokeywolf
10-08-2014, 06:47 AM
Taking my Maverick Gun and holster to school for show and tell. Gas at .23 @ gal for leaded premium. A&W root beer for 10 cents a mug. Hollowing out moms apples and inserting firecrackers in the center and playing war. Drive in theatres with that special girl/girls. Sneaking into drive ins by hiding people in the trunk. Stop light drag racing. Baby moon hub caps.

At age 15-1/2 I used to ride my Honda "Trail 55" down to A&W and pick up a gallon and bring it back home.

Goatwhiskers
10-08-2014, 08:24 AM
10X, I take it you remember the primordial corn cob? Two reds and a white. Our forefathers didn't have hemorrhoids either. GW