PDA

View Full Version : Show me how

Joseph
02-04-2008, 03:59 AM
:Fire:I would like someone to tell me about if they reloaded a 7mm WSM cast bullet and have any data on it, in any caliber, I got this rifle less than haft, and I would like to used it for varmits and deer in my area, because they area only just over 100 lbs, and my hardness on WW is only 22.7, and thats not slow enought for the 7wsm, can anyone help me and give me reloading data on this caliber...
I'm new to this game...
Joseph.

Wayne Smith
02-04-2008, 09:34 AM
:Fire: they area only just over 100 lbs, and my hardness on WW is only 22.7, and thats not slow enought for the 7wsm, I'm new to this game...
Joseph.

HUH?? For cast boolits I'd guess - just guess here - to use 7x57 light load data and work up. Read lots of stickies and information on casting at relatively high velocity and then share your confusion.

montana_charlie
02-04-2008, 12:55 PM
:Fire:I would like someone to tell me about if they reloaded a 7mm WSM cast bullet and have any data on it, in any caliber,
I guess that is what Wayne did...
CM

mroliver77
02-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Joseph.
Buy and read "The Lyman cast bullet Handbook" and "Modern Reloading" by Richard Lee Preferably in this order.
We are not sure what your question is. If there is a very light load in your loading manual using say IMR 3031 Or IMR 4895 You can try it. Either of these powders can be safetly reduced too a point. You want to understand and develop your own loads. I am not saying this to be nasty. The nature of loading is such that we can not just toss a load to you and have you safely use it in YOUR gun. Now there are some mild loads this will work with but you are looking for something stout enough to hunt with.
Hang around and learn all you can.
J