PDA

View Full Version : Love Life's shooting range ...

Digger
10-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Just wanted to mention a note of gratitude for your ongoing service ....
The pics don't do justice to the beauty of the area but you mentioned one day you will be back.
Topaz lake , this side is Calif. ,far side is Nevada ! .. looking at Jack Wright Pass ,Smith Valley ... Love Life will know
South in the direction of Pickle Meadows , all kinds of Sierras ..
And just a little more up the road ,Monitor Pass ..up in the Aspen and Pines ..
Looking right from the monument .. in the direction of the Carson-Iceberg wilderness.
All within a few short miles where Love Life was located ... so to speak , in our backyard here in the nook or elbow of Northern Nevada ..
Hope to see you back someday ....
digger

jmort
10-05-2014, 09:01 PM
I want to join you guys.

Garyshome
10-05-2014, 10:32 PM
How far can you shoot out there?

Digger
10-05-2014, 10:45 PM
With all the government land in Nevada , just go find the right area , no one around .... as far as you think you are effective .
Maybe some one who has read some of Love Life's post will remember one on a dry lake back in the White Mountain range , to the left in the "Pickle Meadows" pic , with out chasing it down .. thousand yd's plus ?
Hopefully he will chime in here sometime and elaborate.
Maybe I will chase it down here on the forums.

MaryB
10-06-2014, 12:02 AM
Nice, wish I had something like that close by. Only 2 1,000 yard ranges in Minnesota that I know of. My range has private land with a long enough space to shoot 1,000 but it really needs a good backstop.

Digger
10-06-2014, 12:06 AM
I want to join you guys.
It is a nice little hole in the wall so to speak , I will confess that the latter pics were taken on the Calif. side ,
But with all the open country in Nevada ...
Been around a bit to see how Cali has changed ... was born just a couple blocks from "dizzyland" ... was raised in the Inland Empire .
Some how , the Lord looks out for some of us fools .. now I count my blessings being here in the Minden ,Nevada part of the country.
While not completely rural , just comfortable enough.

reloader28
10-06-2014, 10:53 PM
Pretty country you have there.
Nice to be able to shoot as far as you want, aint it?
We have gongs out the back door to 1000yds. My brother has shot decent groups with his 243 at 1850yds. Now he's working on a 3000yd gun so he can "reach out there a bit". The furthest I've went is 1000yds.

Digger
10-06-2014, 11:24 PM
Pretty country you have there.
Nice to be able to shoot as far as you want, aint it?
We have gongs out the back door to 1000yds. My brother has shot decent groups with his 243 at 1850yds. Now he's working on a 3000yd gun so he can "reach out there a bit". The furthest I've went is 1000yds.

Very nice !!!