PDA

View Full Version : FAQ idea

btroj
10-05-2014, 07:34 PM
While speaking to a fellow member today an idea was brought forward. Why not have a locked thread, that could be edited as required by a mod, with answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.

Can I shoot a gas check bullet without a check?

How many wheel weights in a 5 gallon bucket?

How hard/what is in my range scrap?

How fast can I shoot a plain base bullet in a handgun/rifle?

Those types of questions, the ones we see over and over.

By having it be a locked sticky it prevents it from being bloated with off topic comments. The idea is to have a simple place for a new guy to look for answers. The stickies are nice but they have a few problems- many are bloated with off topic discussions making them difficult to read. The stickies are also spread out in each sub forum making it more difficult for a new guy to find the answer.

I passed the idea by a mod and he wants me to get feedback on the idea. I would be willing to compile a list and get others to help me develop simple one paragraph answers to the questions. Answers will be somewhat generic as it is impossible to address every possible circumstance. Like yes, a gas check design bullet can be used without a check. How well the bullet will shoot will depend upon many factors such as gun used, powder type and charge, pressure, and alloy. The only way to know how a gas check design will work in your firearm with your load is to try it.

Just to be clear the purpose of this is NOT to keep Run from answering the same question all the time so he looks smart.

What do you guys think? Anyone got good ideas for basic questions that come up all the time? Anyone want to help?

Brad

BNE
10-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Good idea, Probably should add that Doe Run is shutting down. :)

Hamish
10-05-2014, 07:47 PM
A Cast Boolits FAQ is an idea whose time has definitely come. New members can not only use it to get a quick primer but also a roadmap of sorts to the forum as a whole.

Those who are Net savvy will head for it on their own, and those who are not can be directed there to get their feet wet without feeling stupid for asking basic questions.

As far as what items to put in the FAQ, identify the five most asked basic questions from each sub forum and then try to distill them down into say 25 to 50 items that will cover the basics. Keeping it under 50 or so will be the hard part,,,,,,

Bullshop Junior
10-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Since I had some input with the idea, I am all for it :mrgreen:

bigarm
10-05-2014, 08:00 PM
As one of the newbies (although an old newbie), I will say that it is a great idea. I know I am one of those people that has asked questions that have been asked many times before. I would still ask some of those questions, but this would be a great reference area.

williamwaco
10-05-2014, 08:09 PM
In that list, the only question that has a single incontestable answer is the first one.
No 2 could only be answered "it depends"
no 3 simply cannot be answered here.
no 4 will get a different answer from every one who answers it.

I am not saying we shouldn't do it, just that it might be difficult to select questions that would not cause a brouhaha.
It seems to me that different opinions, different ways of doing things is the very purpose of the board.

On the other hand a newbie who has no idea how to do something is simply looking for any method that works.

btroj
10-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Good point William. What I want to do is use somewhat generic answers. Like a maid in the OP, no way can we answer questions in a manner that meets every specific situation.
This entire comcept is geared towards the new guy, someone with little to know casting experience.

By making it a locked sticky we avoid all the drama that goes with answering many questions. It may rankle some but we can either help the noobs or we can confuse them.

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Here's a couple Q's to add to your list

can you shoot cast lead in a AR ?

I just got a lubesizer, what Lube should I use ?

Beagle333
10-05-2014, 08:34 PM
And "I wanna start casting my own boolits. What do I need?"

Bullshop Junior
10-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Good point William. What I want to do is use somewhat generic answers. Like a maid in the OP, no way can we answer questions in a manner that meets every specific situation.
This entire comcept is geared towards the new guy, someone with little to know casting experience.

By making it a locked sticky we avoid all the drama that goes with answering many questions. It may rankle some but we can either help the noobs or we can confuse them.

Exactly. There is truly no one answer for everything. Even the simple ones, like "can I shoot a gas check design with a check" have too many variables. But it would be a basic guide line for the guys who have next to no experience with casting bullets.

From there they can play and find out exactly what works for them.

btroj
10-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Jon and Beagle are on the right path. Those are exactly the questions I'm looking for.

Keep em coming. Good thing Jon is retired now and loves in the frozen north, he will have lots of free time this winter to write this all up!:roll:

btroj
10-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Since I had some input with the idea, I am all for it :mrgreen:

I TOLD you it was a great idea, didn't I?

Bullshop Junior
10-05-2014, 08:46 PM
I TOLD you it was a great idea, didn't I?

Yes, yes you did.

Bullshop Junior
10-05-2014, 08:49 PM
How about, can I panlube with "insert lube here"?

Why are my boolits wrinkled?

Can I use jackated Data for cast?

What size sizer die do I need?

Can I shoot cast in a glock?

waksupi
10-05-2014, 08:53 PM
Stickies already kinda cover the territory. Only problem is, how to get people to read them? I could see clarifying the topic titles on some, as they don't always directly relate to what is inside. Many are kind of like a box of chocolates, you know.

btroj
10-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Stickies already kinda cover the territory. Only problem is, how to get people to read them? I could see clarifying the topic titles on some, as they don't always directly relate to what is inside. Many are kind of like a box of chocolates, you know.

They do cover the material but the stickies tend to be overgrown with weeds. The volume of ideas and concepts discussed in them tend to be overwhelming to a new guy. I'm looking at the Cliff Notes of stickies.

Hannibal
10-05-2014, 09:03 PM
What's that old saying? You can lead a horse to water, BUT . . . . .

btroj
10-05-2014, 09:06 PM
True, but shouldn't we at least have a water trough?

we have one now, called stickies, but it is overgrown with brush.

Hannibal
10-05-2014, 09:10 PM
The information is there already. If the new caster is REALLY interested, he'll find, it. If not, his mould and press will wind up next to last year's photography equipment in next spring's garage sale. Savvy?

Just my $1 - $.098.

Bullshop Junior
10-05-2014, 09:15 PM
The information is there already. If the new caster is REALLY interested, he'll find, it. If not, his mould and press will wind up next to last year's photography equipment in next spring's garage sale. Savvy?

Just my $1 - $.098.

Thats the wrong way to look at it. I thought this whole forum was about sharing information and learning. There are a lot of commonly asked questions not discussed in the stickys, and it can be difficult to find the answer to a simple question at times.

Such as. What BHN are ACCOWW.

Or even "what does ACCOWW mean".

geargnasher
10-05-2014, 09:17 PM
This would work IF the reality of "the only way to find out is to test it for yourself in your gun" is included in every answer. I can tell you what worked for me and three other guys that I've shot with, but it STILL may not work for you. I can also tell you that there are people out there doing things I currently cannot figure out how to.

The biggest thing missing here is figuring out how to get the horse to drink. My experience is they either will or they won't. If they want to badly enough, they will figure it out with the information available and start asking more specific and advanced questions when they get stumped.

Spoon feeding even the basics for the ten-millionth time is going to solve very few of these problems.

"what do I need to get started casting?" Read any of about ten good books on the subject and link to stickies is my answer. Maybe a list of reference in one place would help, but again, pretty soon the brush starts to grow again.

It's probably a good idea but I'm gonna have to warm up to it.

Gear

Bullshop Junior
10-05-2014, 09:20 PM
That is actually a good idea, with each question, a short answer, and a link to a thread with more info.

Hannibal
10-05-2014, 09:29 PM
I think you'll have a devil of a time with this. It takes a considerable amount of time to even know what the correct question is. And if any members tire of answering the same questions over and over, might I point out that, to the best of my knowledge, no one here is sworn to respond to all questions. If it irritates you, move along. Someone else equally qualified and eager to share what is still new and interesting to them will be along shortly. I have been guilty of not knowing what I wanted to ask on several occasions. Haven't we all at one point or another? Look. Often one question leads to many others to be properly answered for a particular situation. And 'STICKYS' won't ever be able to cover that in my humble opinion.

Bullshop Junior
10-05-2014, 09:33 PM
I think you'll have a devil of a time with this. It takes a considerable amount of time to even know what the correct question is. And if any members tire of answering the same questions over and over, might I point out that, to the best of my knowledge, no one here is sworn to respond to all questions. If it irritates you, move along. Someone else equally qualified and eager to share what is still new and interesting to them will be along shortly. I have been guilty of not knowing what I wanted to ask on several occasions. Haven't we all at one point or another? Look. Often one question leads to many others to be properly answered for a particular situation. And 'STICKYS' won't ever be able to cover that in my humble opinion.

I believe runfiverun has sworn to that duty, for the sole purpose of making himself look smart.

Hannibal
10-05-2014, 09:37 PM
Well, allrighty then! :bigsmyl2:

geargnasher
10-05-2014, 09:38 PM
It just occurred to me that it's sort of hypocritical of me to point out in such a thread that one must do the work to find their own answers, but at the same time prejudge the whole thing to be pointless. Only way to find out if it helps is to do it, right?

I was thinking 'index to the Stickies' would end up being the theme, but we have a Google-powered search feature now. We also have quite a few stickies that are aimed at beginner questions, or link to beginner information already. More brush over the trough. Is this really a solution looking for a problem? The information is already out there, and if a person isn't mining for it themselves, are they really interested enough to get started? IDK.

How about this? Can we add a poll to this thread?

Gear

SciFiJim
10-05-2014, 10:19 PM
I think that most of the beginners that are looking for answers understand that a lot of research is going to be required to master a subject. However, they often don't know the questions to ask to get started. Just telling someone to "READ THE STICKIES" doesn't help much.

A FAQ would be a place to start. It WOULD wind up being an index of stickies. It would also give a brief intro with a little information before diving deeper. BS Jr's idea of placing a link or links to appropriate stickies at the end of each question is a great one.

I often hesitate to answer questions because as much as I know, I know that there is a lot I don't know and that what I do know might be wrong or someone might take exception to my answer. A FAQ from respected members would go a long way to aiding not just newbies, but give a launch point for discussion of the answers to those questions. It's not like we haven't discussed most of the answers already. Rehashing knowledge can help to bring up new ideas.

Also, I live by my tagline. The Learning Never Stops!

btroj
10-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Don't forget guys, I am looking at this being for the complete noob. Answers are going to be kept short, sweet, and too the point. Yes Gear, each will contain some basic answer but with the caveat that results will vary and trial and error are the only way to know what will work in the specific situation for each individual.

We can't make the horse drink but we can show him where the water is and beat him silly until he does drink?

Bullshop Junior
10-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Don't forget guys, I am looking at this being for the complete noob. Answers are going to be kept short, sweet, and too the point. Yes Gear, each will contain some basic answer but with the caveat that results will vary and trial and error are the only way to know what will work in the specific situation for each individual.

We can't make the horse drink but we can show him where the water is and beat him silly until he does drink?

is that supposed to say we can, or can we?

btroj
10-05-2014, 11:02 PM
Oh, the horse generally gets beaten silly. Key is giving him water to drink rather than a sticky!

fastfire
10-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Brad,

That's going to slow your post count:roll:

btroj
10-05-2014, 11:09 PM
I hadn't considerd that. I passed the idea by Run first and his big concern is that he won't answer the same 6 questions each week and that will make him appear less intelligent!

Somehow I will persevere.

Bzcraig
10-05-2014, 11:15 PM
It's a great idea! As mentioned the answers may not answer every question, but sure can establish parameters. Maybe even post links to certain threads when applicable.

geargnasher
10-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Do it. We'll need a submission thread to put up contributions to the locked sticky and a Mod with a lot of time on his/her hands. Maybe this thread will do, just keep adding questions and top answers to the OP, kinda like the Accurate Molds thread. Get enough finalized and a Mod can put them up in a sticky thread.

Gear

Bullshop Junior
10-05-2014, 11:22 PM
I am willing to volunteer my time to be the moderator of the thread.

TXGunNut
10-05-2014, 11:26 PM
I think some sections should have a FAQ section and should include a few of the best answers from previous threads on the subject. Reading the stickies can be quite informative but often quite time-consuming. I'm not a fan of instant gratification but it could free up a fair bit of bandwidth if utilized.

waco
10-05-2014, 11:47 PM
I like the idea. Anything to help along a new caster to learn the ropes. This site is already so beneficial, and has helped me immensely over the last several years.
Maybe it will cut down on some of the questions that members so patiently awnser every day.
We have a whole section dedicated to gas checks for crying out loud. I mean, there gas checks. What do you need to know ?
what would this hurt?
waco

btroj
10-06-2014, 07:53 AM
Jon B is willing to provide mod support.

I will work some this week on a few initial questions and responses and PM them to a few people for review.

Wayne Smith
10-06-2014, 08:07 AM
My only question is - Where are you gonna put it so it is the first thing found on a search? Some of you know Popeye, moderator at SurplusRifle.com for years and several other boards - he's my brother. He was impressed at how big this site was. It can be intimidating.

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-06-2014, 08:08 AM
Do it. We'll need a submission thread to put up contributions to the locked sticky and a Mod with a lot of time on his/her hands. Maybe this thread will do, just keep adding questions and top answers to the OP, kinda like the Accurate Molds thread. Get enough finalized and a Mod can put them up in a sticky thread.
Gear
It doesn't take much time to lock/unlock a thread and cut & paste,
as long as you guys compose the Q's and mull over and then finalize the A's.

note to self: gee, I hope this doesn't start a bunch of infighting ?

Bullshop Junior
10-06-2014, 08:08 AM
Jon B is willing to provide mod support.

I will work some this week on a few initial questions and responses and PM them to a few people for review.

That works. I didn't really want to do it, was just offering.

btroj
10-06-2014, 08:15 AM
Jon, I think having the thread locked can cut down on infighting, or at least in a thread designed to be helpful.

I will try and get some content to you in the next week or so.

Pb2au
10-06-2014, 08:21 AM
I believe this is an idea with a lot of value.
Btroj, (if I missed this elsewhere in this thread I apologize)
Do you want suggestions for questions posted directly into this thread, or handled via PM?
I will be happy to lend support for this.

41 mag fan
10-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Sounds like a good idea Brad... the answers should be basic...
So I got one that seems to get asked quite often. ... what's the best boolit for my gun? Lol

btroj
10-06-2014, 08:40 AM
Ok guys, if you have a question you think is worthy please post it here. I will start compiling them tonight.

I hope this doesn't interfere with my shooting......

Hamish
10-06-2014, 08:41 AM
Look, the board has a FAQ, up under the banners, but it is nothing more than a search box. A FAQ is like walking up to the gates of Disneyland and picking up a brochure with a map on it. Make the FAQ one long page, general questions, links to sub forums, etc. For those who say we already have the stickies, picture walking into a public library you've never been to,,,,,how do you find the books you want without having to wander?

btroj
10-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Hamish, that is exactly how I see it.

One post, locked, with all the quick answers for a new guy. I hope to include links in some answers when applicable. No noise, no arguing, just a quick, concise response.

Tom Myers
10-06-2014, 08:52 AM
Just a thought - What if, before a new member is allowed to register, the applicant is directed to a page that clearly states the availability, means of accessing and the reason for the existence of a Frequently Asked Questions thread?

I have noticed recurring instances of scenarios where, after new member's questions are asked and the link to a thread that answers the question is provided, the questioner's response indicates how difficult it was to find that specific information.

cbrick
10-06-2014, 09:09 AM
I think it's a good idea BUT (there's always a but isn't there?) in addition to the thread being locked it needs to be pinned to the very top of the stickies in each forum. The list of stickies alone in some forums is nearly a full page and just sorting through the stickies can be a challenge. Then add in that the newbie doesn't even really know what he should be looking for and a FAQ thread would become just another sticky in a long list of stickies.

Just a thought . . .

Rick

btroj
10-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Tom, that idea has merit. It will be up to administration to make that happen. I can ask them.

Rick, I agree entirely. The sheer volume of stickies is part of the problem. The stickies are often things that are of little help to noobs.

You guys are doing great. Thanks

williamwaco
10-06-2014, 10:49 AM

I vote yes. ( Not that I have any say. ) ( It is like my vote in my home. I get one vote and SWIMBO gets two. )

geargnasher
10-06-2014, 01:02 PM
The order of stickies tends to cycle based on continuing posts, for example a lengthy sticky may fall down a few notches but it only takes one new post to roll it to the top of the list. The locked threads stay in the same place, but not at the top. I've been a mod on another forum using similar software and I'm not sure we ever did figure out a way to pin the stickies in a sub-forum so they stayed in a certain order.

Another option is to put it in the big, yellow announcement banner at the top, but I think that is reserved for other things?

Gear

Bullshop Junior
10-06-2014, 01:06 PM
You could maybe have a banner on the classics and sticky subforum only

runfiverun
10-06-2014, 04:13 PM
maybe a top 10 new guy sticky list would help too..
I'm staying out of this, never mind.

hey Jon we will need to run this past Rob or Nolan too.
I'd like to see the number of sticky's on each page lowered myself.

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-06-2014, 09:24 PM
I am about to suggest something MASSIVE !
So MASSIVE, that'd it take a team of people to accomplish.
This is nothing I'd attempt to do myself, I will not be volunteered to do this, as is usually the case when someone suggests a idea before a group of people...I've learned this lesson many times...I won't do it alone, but I am willing to be part of the team.

a few months ago, there was a discussion in the Swaging forum about the swaging stickies and other stuff.

I can't remember if it was suggested or if it was just a thought I had ? But it applies here even more so.

But first, I must say that I've never posted/mentioned this before, I haven't asked other Staff members or the Admin if they think this is OK. It would have to be discussed by the admin and approval sought.

Here it is...the MASSIVE idea.

In each forum and each sub-forum.
1. unstick all the stickies.
2. Make a FAQ that is specfic to that forum/subforum. it may only include one Q, or maybe many...maybe None, but they could easily be added.
3. The FAQ would also contain a link to each of the previous stuck threads.
4. The FAQ would be Stuck. It'd be the only sticky in the respective forum/subforum thread list.

There would be a few exceptions:
-any stickies created by the Admin.
-The Selling and swappin forum.
-also the Classics and Stickies forum.
-there maybe others, I haven't thought this through fully.

OK, that is my MASSIVE idea.
Again, do not volunteer me to do this.
Good Night, I'll be offline til 6am.

btroj
10-06-2014, 09:46 PM
Not a bad idea Jon but a nightmare for the mods.

I do want to add links to the FAQ to specific threads and stickies that contain pertinent information. Best way to get people to the right spot is to ankle it simple, links are simple.

runfiverun
10-06-2014, 10:05 PM
I believe Tom's idea can be done.
however if the person joining just blows through it then it won't be seen.
no big deal I guess, but for someone new that want's some quick ideas of what this is all about, it would be perfect.

geargnasher
10-06-2014, 10:14 PM
I like Jon's idea as long as someone else does it :mrgreen:

Talk it over in staff and maybe do one sub-forum, like the gas check one, see how much work it is and if it's practical.

Gear

leeggen
10-06-2014, 10:27 PM
and to further their education on the subject might add a notation as to where they can go for more direct answers. (Google search) or another sticky
https://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=001951264366462437169:ggn3vg-bjum
CD

dragon813gt
10-06-2014, 10:49 PM
We would be better served by cleaning up the existing stickies. Get rid of the ones that don't deserve the status. And clean out the gossip in most of them.

They have FAQs on other forums and here is a fun fact. No one reads them. I'm not saying what's proposed is a bad idea. But you have two type of people. Ones that want to learn and search it out, you can tell who theses members are. And then you have the person that joins and posts questions that have been answered a thousand times. It doesn't matter if there is a FAQ because they will never click the link.

I know I'm not alone w/ wanting the stickies cleaned up and cataloged properly.

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-07-2014, 07:41 AM
Not a bad idea Jon but a nightmare for the mods.

I do want to add links to the FAQ to specific threads and stickies that contain pertinent information. Best way to get people to the right spot is to ankle it simple, links are simple.

Part of my mentioning my idea was, if there were only one FAQ, where would it be put ?

The current FAQ on how to use the website, which is on top, in the tool bar, I didn't even know it was there :) and that should be the most visible area to put some thing like this.
Jon

williamwaco
10-07-2014, 08:59 AM
I like Jon's idea as long as someone else does it :mrgreen:

Talk it over in staff and maybe do one sub-forum, like the gas check one, see how much work it is and if it's practical.

Gear

Sounded to me like he volunteered?

geargnasher
10-07-2014, 12:50 PM
I meant someone other than me, not someone other than Jon, sorry for the confusion.

Gear

ohland
10-07-2014, 03:11 PM
It feels so good when I stop...

Ladies and gentlemen, the individuals "moderating" this FAQ need to be curious. And most likely driven to question everything... Sort of like Star Trek, an unending mission.

A problem with threads n stickys is the utter lack of coherent naming conventions. Though this is not a fatal defect, it sure hurts.

Something this complex will take repeated versions. I would suggest decent attributions, which establishes veracity.

There will be blood n tears by the time it looks workable.

What you need is a team. A sorta format / convention for headers will come later. Saving the source documents is superior to typing everything on line... Putting something up, even if somewhat rough, will enable others to provide input...

Easy as saying "I dropped an atom bomb, and it went off".

I'm in. Anyone want to be team leader? Or must I be voluntold?

thebigmac
10-07-2014, 03:23 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?1643-btroj

I'm in. Sounds like a great idea. I enjoy asking questions,
The answers make good reading ...
bigmac

ohland
10-07-2014, 04:21 PM
So who will be collecting the names of the "Magnificent Seven"? Time's a burnin', and I just finished my first half century on this earth. Don't have that much left....

btroj
10-07-2014, 05:25 PM
I sent Jon a PM with an example of what I'm looking at doing. Answer the question and provide links to threads that contain applicable information.

If someone knows of a good question and links that apply them send me a PM with the info.

Guys, this is gonna be a long term proposition. Takes lots of time to get a list of questions, get answers, have others validate the answers, then get things posted.

Bullshop Junior
10-07-2014, 06:18 PM
You can PM me an i can answer some, and PM them back for review. Since it was my idea, i guess I should help.

MtGun44
10-08-2014, 02:52 AM
"Why do my 9mm boolits hit the paper sideways and lead the barrel?"

"What is the best mold for 9mm [or .38 Spl, or .45 ACP, or .45 Colt, or. . . . .]?"

"What do I do if my boolits from a mold that is supposed to cast 120 grain
boolits casts 124 grains?"

"How do I slug a barrel?"

"What is the best lube?"

"How high is up?"

"What is the best way to figure out the REAL maximum load for my gun?"

Bill

montana_charlie
10-08-2014, 02:36 PM
I almost always find myself in opposition to the 'new section' ideas that get floated.
But, on this occasion, I am in agreement with the idea.

A FAQ is a universally recognized source of basic information about any website or it's mission, and one (here) should be helpful to those with 'basic' questions.

If a FAQ happens to broach a deeper subject, perhaps it could contain a link to the appropriate sticky.

One thing, though ...
It will be a never-ending project to get it started ... and finished.

CM

ohland
10-08-2014, 02:42 PM
"Why do my 9mm boolits hit the paper sideways and lead the barrel?"

Upon deep meditation, the core question is tipping. Secondary is leading. Welcome to cast bullets, where "it depends".

In this case, there would be a few (?) variables - twist, bullet length, bullet weight, groove diameter, velocity, pressure, and hardness of bullet. Getting down to brass tacks, the stuff we can change for a specific bullet are groove diameter (sizer die, beagling), velocity (more or less / different powder), pressure (powder variables), and hardness (bump up with soft, better bullet to groove size match, gas checks).

Anyways, that is a way of looking at an endearing cast bullet conundrum.

BTW, leading has factors that relate to tipping (but not at a restaurant). Hardness, bullet size to groove diameter, chamber / throat / forcing cone dimensions (revolvers), lubrication (leading at breech or muzzle?), and potentially stripping (velocity).

btroj
10-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Charlie, links to stickies will be a huge part of this. I also want to link to non stickied threads that are pertinent.

MtGun44
10-09-2014, 12:57 AM
This is a good idea. Simple and non-controversial answers should be right in the FAQ, more complex or controversial topics, I think pointing to appropriate threads would be the best approach.

Still - not easy. I will volunteer to help.

Bill

williamwaco
10-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Stickies are a real help to a competent reloader but in my opinion very likely to be a nightmare for newbies because they tend to be long and have many conflicting opinions.

Conflicting opinions don't bother me because I can usually seperate the wheat from the chaff. A real newbie will not be able to do that.

The FAQ answer should NOT be a thread. It should be a single answer with perhaps multiple solutions but only one author and only one post.

It should suggest "further reading" with links to other material.

btroj
10-09-2014, 06:05 PM
William, we are totally on the same page.

Bill, I will send you some ideas, you are enlisted.

Jon, the team is assembled.

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-09-2014, 06:28 PM
We now have a FAQ Sub-forum....in the General section

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?208-Frequently-Ask-Questions

fishhawk
10-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Actually not a sub-forum it's a separate forum in the general section.

btroj
10-09-2014, 06:42 PM
You guys rock!

Thanks

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-10-2014, 08:10 AM
The more this gets around, the more suggested Q's will come in.

Here is another one.
How do you store your molds?

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?256038-How-do-you-store-your-molds

Rick started an excellent thread about that in 2011.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?115858-Rust-Free-Mold-Storage-on-the-cheap
Of course there are a hundred other ways to store a mold...The Team can decide the answer and links to the Q.

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-10-2014, 08:12 AM
I am shifting this discussion to the New FAQ forum.

If you have a question for the team to consider, go to this linked thread and post it there.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?256055-!!!Read-This-First!!!&p=2963008#post2963008