PDA

View Full Version : Info for H&R custom barrel's

Bullet8542
10-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Does anyone know if there are custom H&R barrel makers out there? The guy who made a few for me is no longer in business so he's no help.....I mean what a lame excuse "I'm 80 and have decided to take it easy" geez......Actually God bless him he was great.

So any info would be great I have a hankering to have a Handi in .280 Ackley, Or .30-30 Ackley. at least in .280 I can get factory ammo and brass to reload.

Thanks!!:)

jmort
10-05-2014, 02:42 PM
http://www.dandtcustomgunworks.websitetoolbox.com/?forum=92466

Bullshop Junior
10-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Does anyone know if there are custom H&R barrel makers out there? The guy who made a few for me is no longer in business so he's no help.....I mean what a lame excuse "I'm 80 and have decided to take it easy" geez......Actually God bless him he was great.

So any info would be great I have a hankering to have a Handi in .280 Ackley, Or .30-30 Ackley. at least in .280 I can get factory ammo and brass to reload.

Thanks!!:)

NEF offers both of those in standard chamberings, and then just rent the reamer and scratch it out.

troyboy
10-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Not that easy. If "improved" the brass will need prepped accordingly. Makes an "improved" improved. But yes there are factory barrels available and yes they can be improved,bear in mind the extra prep with the brass. Fireform after creating a false shoulder. Thereafter resize accordingly