PDA

View Full Version : The "budget reloader case feeder"!?

jayjay1
10-05-2014, 02:36 AM
Hey everybody,
I want to add a case feeder to my 650.

Saw a lot of info making one on your own, but as a mason I´m not a precision mechanic.
I´m good with a hammer or a trowel , so I have to buy me one.

I found the "budget reloader case feeder"
http://www.budgetreloader.com/
which very price attractive of course, and is able to feed many different cases without adjusting or adapting anything.

But you don´t find expressive reviews about it.
On the other hand there are sold over 600 items on ebay for example.

Does someone have one or know someone who uses it?
Is it good to go, or are there any concerns about it?

Please help me with infos,
Jay

jmorris
10-05-2014, 10:09 AM
I like saving a buck and have built my own collators before. I load too many different rounds that that collator wouldn't work for.

Here are a few folks that have them.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=193777

jayjay1
10-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Hey J.,
I´m in there.

Thanks.
:)

jayjay1
10-07-2014, 02:02 AM
No one uses or knows the BR case feeder, really?

Please help me with informations about it, likely about a PM if you want.

Thank you,
Jay.
:drinks:

vonzep
10-07-2014, 08:58 PM
From our PMs

I have the budget reloader case collator, it is ok.

It works for 380,9mm, 40, 357 sig, 10mm 45acp, 30 carbine, 300 blackout and 5.56.

It will feed any of those faster than my fastest loading rate of 8-900 an hour..

I had the micro switch fail a few months ago and they sent me a new one immediately.

There are a few quirks. Occasionally a 9mm case hangs up in the bend to the drop tube. This causes the case above it in the plate to get hung up and under ride the plate. (Between the plate and the bucket bottom.) It will keep doing this until you realize it. It will likely stop the plate from pinning.

Another issue is 5.56 , 30 carbine and 300 blackout will sometimes get between the plate and bucket. I'm not sure how they are doing it.

The motor is underpowered, it is a Chrysler minivan AC blend door motor. But if it jams up the motor stops before breaking anything.

I run it on a lee loadmaster so I had to make a sleeve and bracket.

You will see the case feeder is made of materials readily available at hardware stores.

With all that being said, I would buy it again. The minor occasional hangups are just that, minor.
The price point is good and the darn thing works.

This sums up my experience, maybe someone searching threads later will find their answer here.

My estimate is you can build a duplicate for $60-$80 if you are handy.

EDIT, I just went to their site and the plates have changed, mine is a one size fits all made out of acrylic. The above under ride problem may have been solved by the new plate design.