PDA

View Full Version : Help with pulled boolits,

nixpap
10-03-2014, 11:57 PM
Not sure where to post this but, i've been pulling some of my more creatively assembled boolits with my spiffy new bullet puller and i have a dilemma. Will somebody tell me how I can resize the cases without having to eat the primers. I have Lee 4 die sets.I can remelt the lead,some of the powder(like trail boss) I can identify, but I sure hate to lose the primers. Again,thanks for the help and the patience you guys have shown to me in the past. nixpap

5Shot
10-04-2014, 12:00 AM
I don't think you necessarily have to resize them at all - just bell the mouths if needed. Otherwise, just pull the decapping pin and run them through like normal .

nixpap
10-04-2014, 12:21 AM
Good point. I'll have to see what taking out the pin entails. I'm sure it's not brain surgery. Thanks for taking the time 5Shot. nixpap

ReloaderFred
10-04-2014, 12:33 AM
Your Lee dies have a nut on top that the decapping rod goes through. It's a friction fit when screwed down, as in a lot of friction. Just get two wrenches the proper size, one to hold the die body, and the other to loosen the nut. Once loose, the decapping pin will fall out the bottom of the die. To put it back in, reverse the process.

Hope this helps.

Fred

nixpap
10-04-2014, 12:45 AM
Your Lee dies have a nut on top that the decapping rod goes through. It's a friction fit when screwed down, as in a lot of friction. Just get two wrenches the proper size, one to hold the die body, and the other to loosen the nut. Once loose, the decapping pin will fall out the bottom of the die. To put it back in, reverse the process.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Thanks Fred.

And 5Shot,I rebelled the case and made a dummy. The round slid in and out of the cylinder.

Got this issue licked.

Boy, you can sure learn some good stuff from all the experience the folks here have. Mucho thanks...nixpap