PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket grips for a Taurus Tracker 627 .357Mag.........

waco
10-03-2014, 10:45 PM
Not that I mind the "ribber" grips on the gun. I just like wood better. Houge grips are "ok" but I don't see them listed for this model. I do see the model 66. Is this the same grip frame as my "tracker"?

Or, if anyone has another suggestion of a different company that offers wood grips for this sweet little 4" revolver.

I know Taurus gets a bad rep here, and I'm sure most is well deserved. I just happen to get a good one back in 2000.

Thanks again fellas.

Waco

tazman
10-03-2014, 11:29 PM
I got a good one in a 6.5 inch barrel. The factory grips work well for me. Haven't given any thought to wood grips for it.

The checking I have done indicates there are wood grips available. The only ones I can find at the moment are from a dealer on eBay located in Taiwan. He seems to have excellent feedback and the pictures look good. Prices run from $35 -$40.

357Mag
10-04-2014, 12:17 AM
Waco -

Howdy !

IMHO - It's hard to beat Herrett's Custom Grips. They make " grips " to fit YOUR hand.
Putting some Herrett's " Jordan Trooper " grips on my .357Mag "N"-frame was THE single best thing I ever did, to improve my handgun shooting accuracy.

When I finally wore-out the first pair ( Walnut ), their replacement was .... another pair of Herrett's Jordan Trooper grips; this time in Goncalo Alves.
No regrets... either time !

With regards,
357Mag

waco
10-04-2014, 01:27 AM
I got a good one in a 6.5 inch barrel. The factory grips work well for me. Haven't given any thought to wood grips for it.

The checking I have done indicates there are wood grips available. The only ones I can find at the moment are from a dealer on eBay located in Taiwan. He seems to have excellent feedback and the pictures look good. Prices run from $35 -$40.

Thanks Taz. I'll look into that.

waco
10-04-2014, 01:29 AM
Waco -

Howdy !

IMHO - It's hard to beat Herrett's Custom Grips. They make " grips " to fit YOUR hand.
Putting some Herrett's " Jordan Trooper " grips on my .357Mag "N"-frame was THE single best thing I ever did, to improve my handgun shooting accuracy.

When I finally wore-out the first pair ( Walnut ), their replacement was .... another pair of Herrett's Jordan Trooper grips; this time in Goncalo Alves.
No regrets... either time !

With regards,
357Mag

Yeah! They are nice. So is the price! Looking to keep cost under $100
Thanks anyway bud!

osteodoc08
10-04-2014, 08:27 AM
I had a Taurus 66 that wasn't bad at all. A little rough around the edges but shot well. A steady diet or heavy magnums loosened her up and I used her as trading fodder.