PDA

View Full Version : Good Christmas on the horizon....

msp2640
10-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Gents - I've been toying with the idea of acquiring a Lipsey's special run, Ruger Bisley SS in 45Colt and ACP for the past year or 2. I also had read about some of the different Ruger Single sixes, that are around and ones that are/were special run models, as well. Well after spending some time on the Ruger Forum during that time frame, I reached out to one of their Vendors who deal in such firearms (Gunsbam69). After speaking to Brian, we worked out a deal for both the SS Bisley 45 convertible and a SS Single Six 22LR/22Mag with a 4 5/8 bbl (another special run item). He said it would take 60 days or so to get the 22 convertible, but both should be here before Christmas. My son (10 yrs old) has no idea at this time, but for Christmas we're getting father and son, Ruger SS convertibles. I've never met him, but after a few phone conversations, Brian seems ike a real nice guy to do business with. The Mrs isn't all that enthused about the idea and won't allow it under the tree, so the "special gift" will be done later in the day after the morning chaos settles down. Good times ahead - Bill in MA

dilly
10-03-2014, 11:45 AM
That'll be a Christmas to remember. Those sound like real nice revolvers too.

compass will
10-03-2014, 11:56 AM
The only problem I have had with the single six and my Uberti Stallion is finding ammo that is easy for a lady or child to load.
With larger calibers the shells will just fall into the cylinder but with 22 the bullet is knurled and you need to press them into the cylinder to drive them home. After shooting around 3 or 4 rounds per hole it gets so hard to press the bullets into cylinder you end up trying to use something hard to force them in. Or carry a brush and keep brushing the cylinder every time before you load it.

But if I use CCI CB caps (shorter) I don't have the problem. Plus they are quieter :)