PDA

View Full Version : New member first post

Harleysboss
10-02-2014, 03:27 PM
Just wanting to get my first post in and say hello. I've been a long time follower of this site and decided to sign up to participate from time to time. Great info here. Love muzzleloading! all types. Have been trying my hand at PP and getting the hang of it , thanks to idahoron and others on this site. Hope to introduce a PP bullet to an elk this coming week. We will see. Anyhow, thanks for this site and HELLO!

johnson1942
10-02-2014, 03:36 PM
tell us about you pp gun and what bullet you shoot. also if you get a elk tell us all about it, thanks for your post

ghh3rd
10-02-2014, 04:09 PM
Welcome to the site! Looking forward to some hunting posts (with pics :-))

Fly
10-02-2014, 04:39 PM
Some great info from these guy,s, WELCOME!

Fly

nagantguy
10-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Welcome to the family. My best friend lives in Washington. What area you from, not asking for address or anything. Hang on your go na learn a lot.

Harleysboss
10-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Well I live near Tacoma, Wa on the wet side of the state. As far as my PP gun is concerned, I built from parts a "hot rod" Deer stalker. Lyman deer stalker stock and lock and a GM LRH 50 barrel. I also have been using my White Bison .504. The White rifle really shoots tight with full bore conicals with a hard card and 70-80 grns of fffg Goex. I have yet to start pouring my own but that will be next. I have been using a bullet from No Excuses size .500 460grn wrapped twice with paper that idahoron provided to me run through a .501 sizer,dry wrapped. My LRH barrel likes a slightly loose fitting PP bullet. It really shoots well with the bullet wrapped with cigarette rolling paper. This paper is very fragile and sometimes tears while going through the sizer. If it makes it and makes it through the loading process it shoots really good. The #9 onion paper is just a hair tight loading in the LRH barrel. It does load and shoot ok but I'm not yet satisfied. I may get a .500 sizer for the final sizing run.

waksupi
10-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Some great info from these guy,s, WELCOME!

Fly

Fly, are you getting my PM's?

welcome aboard!

pworley1
10-02-2014, 10:20 PM
Welcome!

Driver man
10-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Well I live near Tacoma, Wa on the wet side of the state. As far as my PP gun is concerned, I built from parts a "hot rod" Deer stalker. Lyman deer stalker stock and lock and a GM LRH 50 barrel. I also have been using my White Bison .504. The White rifle really shoots tight with full bore conicals with a hard card and 70-80 grns of fffg Goex. I have yet to start pouring my own but that will be next. I have been using a bullet from No Excuses size .500 460grn wrapped twice with paper that idahoron provided to me run through a .501 sizer,dry wrapped. My LRH barrel likes a slightly loose fitting PP bullet. It really shoots well with the bullet wrapped with cigarette rolling paper. This paper is very fragile and sometimes tears while going through the sizer. If it makes it and makes it through the loading process it shoots really good. The #9 onion paper is just a hair tight loading in the LRH barrel. It does load and shoot ok but I'm not yet satisfied. I may get a .500 sizer for the final sizing run.

Ive found zigzag blue good . I use it to shoot 30cal in 303 british

OverMax
10-03-2014, 09:03 AM
Hi. (hey don't forget to take the camera along!!)_:grin: