PDA

View Full Version : 8mm maxium in wet book test

nekshot
10-02-2014, 10:04 AM
I am playing around with this lee midsouth purchase boolit and I really like it. It fits all the new barrels I got from copes and it shoots great, gets better as you increase the speed and my shoulder stopped that adventure. However I was shooting this boolit in the wet box test and at straight ww it mushroomed a little but the boolit started to bend and would tumble. When I got to 50/50 ww with plumber lead and fired over 18-20 gr of 2400 seated to chamber from mag these boolits mushroomed to .700 and the boolit looks like a accordian and maintained all 240 gr. The softer lead appears to mash together before it has a chance to bend. I think you could blow some livestock apart with this baby if so inclined. I must admit I had this boolit as a mistake like the 6.5 cruise until I started working with it. If it fits your gun like mine you should enjoy it. Sorry no kids around, so no pictures as I am too shtuupid to do that tech stuff!

Djones
10-02-2014, 10:14 AM
Sounds like great results! What do you plan to hunt?

Email me the pics and I will post them for you. Pm inbound.

nekshot
10-02-2014, 02:25 PM
if it ever goes hunting it will be for deer. Kinda makes you feel overgunned and over boolitted for those little things!