PDA

View Full Version : Saeco Lubrisizer

goblism
10-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Curious how good the Saeco Lubrisizer is. Just snagged one for under $30 in near mint condition
http://k-bid.com/auction/2552/item/299

SteveS
10-01-2014, 11:28 PM
I've had one for thirty years. I've never had any problem with it and have never thought of replacing it.

Dies and top punches are kind of expensive but are very good quality.

If I had it to do over I'd buy it again.

goblism
10-01-2014, 11:31 PM
Good to hear, thinking about using it for my rifle bullets and using the star for pistol

randyrat
10-01-2014, 11:31 PM
You also can use SOLID lube sticks with it..also you can just seat gas checks with it. seems to me they are about $250-300

SteveS
10-01-2014, 11:39 PM
$195 at Midway.

goblism
10-02-2014, 12:04 AM
I heard that the old black ones are better than the new ones.

Talked with my uncle who use to have bees tonight, he said he has a couple 5 gallon pails of wax in the basement....jackpot

M-Tecs
10-02-2014, 07:36 AM
I am going to have to start watching K-Bid closer. I have two and I really like them.

Doc Highwall
10-02-2014, 11:47 AM
I got rid of both my Lyman and RCBS and now have four SAECO sizers for rifle.

Le Loup Solitaire
10-07-2014, 09:59 PM
I have been using 2 Saecos for a very long time. One is an older "black" and the other is a somewhat newer "green". Have never seen any difference in the quality or performance between the two. $30 for one in new/good/mint condition is a steal. Saeco lubrisizer quality is good. The alignment is excellent. Solid sticks for the lube. Sizer dies and top punches are expensive, but an adapter can be had to allow the use of RCBS or Lyman top punches. The locking/retaining nut on the bottom of the sizer die can only be tightened so much and if you have too much pressure in the reservoir it(the nut) starts to leak/issue a small ribbon of lube. A sign to back off the pressure although a washer cut out of cork or neophrene helps. Built-in gas check seater works well and easily. Operating handle works to the side...ok by me even if I am left-handed....righties won't mind, but those who like to pull down and straight back might prefer to mount the unit facing a bit to the left so that the handle is more toward the front. You can pour melted lube directly into the reservoir or use hollow sticks if you prefer or simply toss in chunks. Keep the alignment rods oiled/lightly grease and the pivot points as well and the unit will go forever. Buying it new is expensive...more $$$ than an RCBS or Lyman, but for me it was the way to go(twice)...no regrets. LLS

bobthenailer
10-08-2014, 06:55 AM
I had two in the past , both black , IMO better than the Lyman or RCBS L/S that i also sold , dies & top punches cost more . i did not care for the sideway mounting setup , I currently have two Stars and use them for all cast boolets, with no problems and excellent accuracy even with rifle boolets.
For $30.00 i would of bought it too and most likely flip it !

Doc Highwall
10-08-2014, 11:45 AM
What I think is the strong point about the SAECO for rifle bullets that use a gas check is you can seat them and the alignment of the bullet in the die. The down side is the dies do cost more, but when you are after accuracy it is money well spent.

Buck Neck It
10-11-2014, 12:01 AM
I found an old saeco at a yard sale last weekend, boy was I happy to see it. I couldn't give them my money fast enough, ran out the door before they could change their mind.

The die that came with it seems precisely made. I am going to try a couple of The Perfesser's die blanks, anyone else using them?