PDA

View Full Version : Need New Tumbler

Brother Bob
10-01-2014, 06:57 PM
Hey guys, I'm on my bride"s computer so I need to make it quick(My computer crashed and burned.....It was horrible!) I purchased a Harbor Freight tumbler......Yeah, I know.......I need something better until I can get the small cement mixer and stainless steel pins. I'm retired and on a tight budget. I work at two outdoor ranges and have been sorting and tumbling brass. Need something that will hold up and not break. Didn't go through the archives looking because time is not on my side! I'll need to clean the history before my wife gets home or I'll be in deep doo doo! Thanks......

Bayou52
10-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Hey guys, I'm on my bride"s computer so I need to make it quick(My computer crashed and burned.....It was horrible!) I purchased a Harbor Freight tumbler......Yeah, I know.......I need something better until I can get the small cement mixer and stainless steel pins. I'm retired and on a tight budget. I work at two outdoor ranges and have been sorting and tumbling brass. Need something that will hold up and not break. Didn't go through the archives looking because time is not on my side! I'll need to clean the history before my wife gets home or I'll be in deep doo doo! Thanks......

If you are on a tight budget, perhaps a used Thumlers model B can be considered for wet tumbling. Mine is several years old and works fine now that I've got the bugs worked out. The total drum capacity is 15 pounds - 1 gal water (8 lbs), 5 lbs SS pins and 2 lbs cases.

Good luck with the better half.....

Bayou52

Iron Whittler
10-01-2014, 08:32 PM
You might want to check out Biggdog tumblers. Great products and service.

FLDad
10-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Bigdog's tumblers seem first-rate, but they may not be the ticket for someone looking for a budget solution...

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
10-02-2014, 11:27 PM
Use the HF as long as it holds up and save your money for the cement mixer if you are going to have lots of brass off of those outdoor ranges. You'll be glad you did long term. Sell enough of the brass as you need/want to to pay for the cement mixer and steel pins.

bobthenailer
10-03-2014, 07:29 AM
I can highly reccomend the Lortone lapidary/rock tumbler for brass cleaning ! i bought my first one a QT6 about 40 years ago , the only thing i replaced in that time was a drive belt. These unit's are made to run almost all day.
About 6 years ago i bought a nice used QT12 at a local GS for a give away price , which is most likely the one you want ! double the capacity of the QT6.
I clean my brass every time before loading as well as range pick up brass , I have all ways been a high volume pistol shooter, so thats alot of brass cleaning.