PDA

View Full Version : Wasnt sure what to do.

Tackleberry41
09-29-2014, 03:52 PM
Swung by the LGS today, also a gas station and convenience store. They actually had a selection of 22lr on the shelf. Not the usual wow they have a few boxes of one brand. No I had to decide what to buy. Is this a light at the end of the tunnel, or just a fluke and they got a long back ordered shipment in?

Bullshop Junior
09-29-2014, 03:57 PM
I looked at every gun store around last week for a box of 22s and finally found a box of 50 blazers for $8

John Allen
09-29-2014, 04:04 PM
Still none around here.

Silverboolit
09-29-2014, 10:00 PM
Wallyworld and Academy still get it in, but the vultures get there first. I don't care about .22 LR anymore, I just use the R1 and a box of pellets. No standing in line, no limit, etc, just fun on the range. The distance that we shoot .22's at, the air rifles work just fine.

Cmm_3940
09-29-2014, 10:10 PM
http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rimfire/22lr/

It's out there, it just isn't local or convenient. Or the right price. The local Cabela$ has CCI in the fancy plastic boxes on the shelf, but I ain't paying that for .22lr.

leeggen
09-29-2014, 10:43 PM
If there is a Dunams around try them. It is a sporting goods chain store. They seem to have lots of 22's and other ammo.
CD

WILCO
09-30-2014, 12:14 AM
Hit and miss around here.

Tackleberry41
09-30-2014, 08:00 AM
A fluke then I guess. I dont drive around looking for 22. I wont pay the prices at gun shows, not that I see much of it sold anyways. Maybe my understanding of economics is flawed. If you have a large inventory of something that nobody is buying because you have it priced to high, then your not making any money, losing it as ammo is heavy and you have to haul it around. But I guess the occasional sale at the higher price is better then selling more at a lower price.

If I stop at the place around the corner, get a soda, they also have the off road diesel. A quick glance at the shelf. There has a been a slowly dwindling pile of several types of the expensive Elly stuff. And the occasional 'bag' of broken up bulk pack. But yesterday there was CCI blazer, some standard velocity, and some of the bagged stuff to choose from.

C. Latch
09-30-2014, 08:16 AM
Ever since Sandy Hook, I have bought .22lr when I found it in stock at pre-panic prices, and have shot it when I wanted to, and my stock has increased, not decreased, because I just don't shoot .22lr that much.

Cabelas had some CCI in stock yesterday that I would have bought had the limit been more than 1, or 2 or 5. At, say, ten boxes, shipping costs would have been in the reasonable range.

Until then, I have mini-mags from the early '80's, in quantity. They'll do.

Bullshop Junior
09-30-2014, 08:44 AM
I don't even own a 22 anymore. The only reason I was looking for a box, is because I was fixing a gun for a coworker, and wanted to make sure it went bang before taking it back to him.

inspector_17
09-30-2014, 11:59 AM
I get 22 when/if it shows up at prepanic prices. Seriously considering getting something else to plink with.

slumlord44
10-01-2014, 01:34 AM
Scheels in Springfield Ill had a good supply weekend before last. $3.99-$4.99 a box for standard and high velocity. Not cheap but at least available. Hadn't seen any there for at least a year.

Tackleberry41
10-01-2014, 02:56 PM
I was surprised they still had almost all of it on the shelf today. Usually they put it out, you either buy some right then or dont get any. I had other things to buy so just got 2 more boxes of the standard velocity stuff.

Tackleberry41
10-24-2014, 01:20 PM
I really should have took a pic. Yesterday it was actual 22 on the shelf at wal mart in the middle of the afternoon. One store near me doesnt even have a place in the case for 22 anymore.

Today I stopped at the LGS for something else, and they had a wide selection of rimfire. 525 packs of Rem golden bullets for $25, Win 555 packs for $29, CCI mini mags, several stacks of various premium target stuff. Not sure if its a sign the drought is over or just a back order that finally caught up.