PDA

View Full Version : Am waiting for my first Accurate mold!

Jevyod
09-29-2014, 09:53 AM
I am sure you all know the anticipation that ordering a new mold brings! I finally "bit the bullet" and ordered my first accurate mold. Being rather new to casting, I figured I should start with a cheap mold so if I do something terrible, its not too bad! So I started with a Lee 2 banger for my 9mm. Then I got a RCBS 35-200-Fn and casted with that. I immediately noticed that casting with my RCBS vs Lee was like driving a Kia vs BMW! Nothing wrong with the Lee of course. I am glad they make an easily accessible product for newbies! But the RCBS was much more enjoyable to run.

Well, I bought a 45-70 and needed a mold for that. So I decided that I want a more "premium" mold! Now I am on a tight budget, but I figured it would be worth the price. So I did without a few other things so I could free up the money for the Accurate mold! I went ahead and ordered the 46-415V mold on Saturday. I like the looks of the large meplat. This will be the only one I have for my 45-70 for a while. So it will serve as an all purpose load. I figure 415 grain projectiles moving at 1600-1700 fps will kill anything on the lower 48. Plus, if I load it up to 1800+, it will likely put a serious hurtin' on any animal on the planet! So I am rather IMPATIENTLY waiting for the mold! Sorry to ramble. I just felt th need to share my excitement!!!:mrgreen:

USAFrox
09-29-2014, 11:18 AM
Congrats! Or maybe condolences, as it seems you've caught the bug... :-)

RobsTV
09-29-2014, 12:33 PM
Wow, perfect timing for this thread!.

I too just ordered a mold from Accurate molds for my 38-40 .
Ordered it Thursday at 8:40pm, and see something about a 3 week current turn around time.
No problems as I've waited longer for molds from other companies.
So, what to do for 3 weeks?
How about today I check my mail and start with casting from my new mold!
Yep, ordered Thursday night and it arrived Monday morning. One business day.

wallenba
09-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Getting hooked on the hard stuff huh? Ya done it now. Wait til you unbox it, put it next to your Lee $20 2 cav. You'll look at the Lee and ask, what is that thing?

Tar Heel
09-29-2014, 05:33 PM
Knowing Tom, you all will have your molds in less than a week.

TXGunNut
09-29-2014, 11:08 PM
I ordered my first Accurate mould about a month ago. It's been sitting on my bench for a couple of weeks and it's driving me nuts because I can't cast with it right now. Premium moulds are well worth the money, just as are Lee moulds. Different price points, different quality levels. Anybody who makes moulds knows that casters are a bunch of tightwads and won't pay good money for something that isn't a good value.

waco
09-29-2014, 11:57 PM
I am in the same boat. Just ordered a 43-250V for my Smith 29. Got an email from Tom yesterday saying he received my payment and would start processing my order. Totally stoked to get this one. It's a three cavity aluminum.

Rockastr
10-18-2014, 08:59 PM
Guys... Just want you to know that you have a lot to look forward to! I received my 46 405C in the mail yesterday and cast some with it today! You won't be sad you bought such a high quality product! Can't say enough good things! Looking forward to my next choice.... Just like Rickntn says... It's easy to get the bug....