PDA

View Full Version : Not to hot

melloairman
09-28-2014, 07:14 PM
Or cold and enough wind to keep the flies away . So Saturday I cast more of the 45 bullets and today I cast some .309 . Got to love those 25 dollar molds . Marvin
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn55/melloroadman/IMG_7564-Copy_zps46df5dd9.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/melloroadman/media/IMG_7564-Copy_zps46df5dd9.jpg.html)

shoot-n-lead
09-28-2014, 08:06 PM
Looks good...

Your piles are a little larger than the one's that I have been doing of late. However, next week, that is about to change as I have several new molds and couple of the regulars that are going to get a workout. Got to do it when the weather is cooler than it is during these stupid humid, hot summers that we have here. I normally do most of mine in the fall, around hunting, but I have cast about 800 in the last 3 weeks.

melloairman
09-28-2014, 10:23 PM
Looks good...

Your piles are a little larger than the one's that I have been doing of late. However, next week, that is about to change as I have several new molds and couple of the regulars that are going to get a workout. Got to do it when the weather is cooler than it is during these stupid humid, hot summers that we have here. I normally do most of mine in the fall, around hunting, but I have cast about 800 in the last 3 weeks.
I normally cast all year . I moved a few month ago and got behind on casting . So I am trying to make up for it now that the weather allows for longer sections .Marvin

Tatume
09-29-2014, 06:14 AM
Sometimes it gets too cold to cast here in Virginia. Between the wind and the outside air temperature the heat is sucked out of the mold too fast to get good bullets. If I had an indoors place to cast I could work in the winter.

Those piles of bullets indicate a mighty industrious caster!

FredBuddy
09-30-2014, 12:52 PM
I melted down a big bunch of wheel weights (I only do 'em outside) 'cause the weather and the wind was right on Sunday. Should have more than enough for any casting during winter.

Shiloh
09-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Two Very nice piles of boolits you have there.​ :drinks:

Shiloh

melloairman
09-30-2014, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the support . I find it rewarding at the end of the session . Best part is they will not need to be sized . Just sorted lubed and shoot .Marvin

Buck Neck It
10-01-2014, 01:17 AM
Wow! I can't seem to cast more than a hundred without my mould getting boogered. Then I have to stop and rework it, I try to be gentle...