PDA

View Full Version : Molds for a 50/90 Sharps

Pappy 1
09-25-2014, 11:11 PM
I had a couple of question maybe some of you black power shooters and black powder reloader could answer for me.

1. I slugged my barrel and took a mic measurement of .511. I would like to cast my own bullets. My barrel twist 1-22. I would like to shoot a round for hunting and plinking. I have been doing some reading on the subject and some of answers I found were to use 20-1 or 30-1 alloy. Some of the info also mention a heavier bullet for such a fast twist. I was thinking some where around 500 grains or more. I have shot the 515 grain and seems to do ok.

Mold size, like I said I slugged my barrel at .511. So if I order a mold should I order a mold at .510 or .511. Also should a person after casting the bullets should he send them through a bullet lube sizer if this is necessary. I do my own casting on some of my 9mm bullets and I pan lube. I also send them through the lube sizer after words.

Bullshop
09-26-2014, 12:24 AM
We have a good selection of 50 cal designs if you want to try some different things before you buy a mold.

dromia
09-26-2014, 03:27 AM
NOE have a good selection of moulds in the range you require. Top quality too.

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.php?cPath=44