PDA

View Full Version : Sizer leaking lube

catmasher
09-24-2014, 10:49 PM
I have an Lyman sizer that looses a lot of lube under the sizer die, what can I do to stop it or at least slow it down. Thanks for any help. Cat.

MT Chambers
09-24-2014, 11:34 PM
Mine leak like that esp. when lube is too warm.

boho
09-25-2014, 12:43 AM
My 4500 only leaks like that when its too hot.

JeffG
09-25-2014, 11:07 PM
After I user mine, I turn the crank clockwise a couple turns to remove pressure off the lube or you will find lube oozing out here and there.

When I begin to use it, I turn it counter clockwise until I just start to feel pressure on the lube, then stop. Run a bullet into the die and back up and check the lube grooves. If they are filled, run another or as many as you can, until you start seeing gaps in the lube. At that point, crank the handle just enough to start feeling the pressure then run bullets again. If I'm lubing a 9mm single lube groove bullet, I might get 6 bullets before needing to crank the handle a little while rifle bullets with multiple grooves may need you to bump the handle more often. In short, if you are cranking it with every bullet, it is too much pressure on the lube so may leak.

:castmine:

Yodogsandman
09-26-2014, 05:01 PM
That or you might just need a new o-ring on the sizing die, if it's old.

Sometimes, the boolit will get lube under it from setting the depth adjustment for that boolit too high, also.

fryboy
09-26-2014, 05:44 PM
under " as in under the "i" die part ? ( center pin ) or under as in under the "h" die part ?( actual sizing die body ) in either case usually less pressure/heat can help yet the problems are two different ones