PDA

View Full Version : New mold handle

Gussy
09-24-2014, 03:23 PM
As I've posted, CabineTree line of products has been sold. The new owner is making the same stuff....almost!!

NEWLY DESIGNED mold handles are now available. Just before I sold, I was working on a new design. It is now avail able at www.cowboybullets.com (http://www.cowboybullets.com) in the ST Machining section. It's much lighter than the previous design and I think you will like it. Ed also has some other stuff you might like.

Gus

el34
09-24-2014, 06:48 PM
As I've posted, CabineTree line of products has been sold. The new owner is making the same stuff....almost!!

NEWLY DESIGNED mold handles are now available. Just before I sold, I was working on a new design. It is now avail able at www.cowboybullets.com (http://www.cowboybullets.com) in the ST Machining section. It's much lighter than the previous design and I think you will like it. Ed also has some other stuff you might like.

Gus

What about the BHN tester? I guess I should just go look.

EDIT- found it, LDTSTR. Same design?

Gussy
09-25-2014, 11:23 AM
Exactly the same tester.
Gus

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
09-26-2014, 09:26 AM
That's a good lead tester, have one. Which brands do the mold handles fit?

Gussy
09-26-2014, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE=Dave
Which brands do the mold handles fit?[/QUOTE]

Most any 1-2 hole, possibly some 4 hole.

I should note something after reading a lot of posts. Only the small holes are for mounting molds. The other holes serve 2 purposes: to hold the part while machining and also to help with cooling. I keep reading that people are trying to use the 1/4" holes and wondering why nothing fits.....

AbitNutz
09-27-2014, 09:13 AM
Can you be specific about what was changed? I have one of the older ones but it still take a Lee 6-cavity.

Gussy
09-27-2014, 12:59 PM
Can you be specific about what was changed? I have one of the older ones but it still take a Lee 6-cavity.

It is much lighter and the jaws, as he's making them, are slightly shorter. I have not tried a 6 hole in them as I don't have any. In any case, an extension could be welded on so that they would. The jaws are mild steel and would weld easily.