PDA

View Full Version : Im sorry guys.

Bullshop Junior
09-23-2014, 10:45 PM
I really havn't been a good man to do business with. I have a pile of flat rate boxes by the front door, some that have been waiting to get mailed for months. Other people, I owe refunds to because the bullet casting deal really didn't work out as I never have time off. Im sorry this is taking so long. Im gonna be quitting the job I am currently working in the next few weeks, to move, so first thing I will do is make a run to the post office and mail the big pile of boxes that have been piling up.

For the people waiting for refunds. I will get them out as soon as I can.

I do have some stuff to sell, before I move, and to help with raising the money for the people whom I owe money to.

I really am sorry. I will get this straightened out as best I can ASAP.

centershot
09-23-2014, 10:51 PM
We all fall on hard times Junior, most people are pretty understanding. Keep the faith, Brother!

Bullshop Junior
09-23-2014, 10:57 PM
At the latest everything will be mailed by 10-27-14 as that is when I am moving.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-23-2014, 11:02 PM
What's up ?
Where you moving to ?

Bullshop Junior
09-23-2014, 11:11 PM
Ah. That slipped out didn't it...

Im heading back up north. I don't like Texas all that much. I would have stayed in Montana if I hadn't told Craig I would come here to help on his ranch. So Im heading to Williston. More money there anyway.

Mumblypeg
09-23-2014, 11:17 PM
This is starting to sound like Lonesome Dove.... you're a traveling... Son of a Gun! Hope things work out.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-23-2014, 11:18 PM
Oh, OK ...Less pigs and more snow eh ?

Bullshop Junior
09-23-2014, 11:19 PM
Eh. More money for the same work. And public land to hunt on.

MaryB
09-23-2014, 11:52 PM
We all forget, I noticed a flat rate box on top of my junk cabinet that holds reloading stuff I rarely use and it holds powder. Went to refill the red dot in the shotgun press and noticed it. has a scale I was sending to you... medical **** got in the way and i forgot

Superfly
09-24-2014, 03:03 AM
Williston Eh

What a damn nightmare that place is. It is like driving in a combat Zone.

Love Life
09-24-2014, 11:42 AM
Yeah, Texas ain't no fun unless you know somebody.

The 7 years I lived there we (friend and I) did slave labor on ranches to be allowed to hunt and roam. Kind of worked out though because we got a little dough and the Mexicans bought us beer when we were 14 and 15...

Trips to Mexico were also fun and educational.

However, if given the opportunity today with no connections in the state, I would not live in Texas. Good luck on your travels and pull yourself up by the boot straps.

rockrat
09-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Hope you have a place to stay. Housing is pretty tight and expensive there I hear.

TXGunNut
09-24-2014, 09:54 PM
Sorry it didn't work out. Load up all the hogs you can carry because I know how much you enjoy shooting them.

1989toddm
09-24-2014, 11:04 PM
We all fall on hard times Junior, most people are pretty understanding. Keep the faith, Brother!
Especially that last line. Ive forgotten packages also before. Keep us updated, will be watching for progress north:coffeecom

Plate plinker
09-25-2014, 05:05 AM
Good luck in ND sure money should be fairly easy to earn there.
best wishes.

Jim Flinchbaugh
09-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Make sure you have place to live before you get there.
And never buy a used RV /Camper from there- the weather makes for highly productive mold growth

waksupi
09-25-2014, 11:21 AM
You will find the cost of living high enough in the Bakken to devalue your earned dollar.

Char-Gar
09-25-2014, 11:55 AM
Texas is a unique place with it's own culture, traditions and ways of looking at life. Lots of folks come here and don't fit in. They are not willing to examine and adjust their ways of thinking and acting so they take the road north back to where they came from. Happens to lots of people..good luck and adios!

As for not taking care of bidness, sorry don't get er done, so hop to it. That is Texas thinking :-)

Char-Gar
09-25-2014, 12:07 PM
Yeah, Texas ain't no fun unless you know somebody.

The 7 years I lived there we (friend and I) did slave labor on ranches to be allowed to hunt and roam. Kind of worked out though because we got a little dough and the Mexicans bought us beer when we were 14 and 15...

Trips to Mexico were also fun and educational.

However, if given the opportunity today with no connections in the state, I would not live in Texas. Good luck on your travels and pull yourself up by the boot straps.

Texas is part of "Greater Appalachia" being first settled by Scotch Irish, Welsh, a few Englishmen with some German thrown in for good measure. They tend to be a clannish sort, but will accept foreigners into the mix if they learn to talk right, act right and leave their foolish foreign ways behind them at the state line. There is a presumption that foreigners are not going to change, so it is up to the individual to prove him or her self and show they are worthy to be Texans. Being A Texan means far more than crossing the state line. You must adopt the values, morals and perspective of a Texas. That doesn't matter in Dallas, Houston and Austin but nothing matters much in those cesspools. Very few real Texas live there anyway.

LUBEDUDE
09-25-2014, 12:19 PM
Very well said CG.

I grew up in Dallas. It wasn't so bad in the 60-70's. It started getting bad in the boon of th 80's.

I finally talked my wife into leaving her family behind in '91.

I've never looked back. And I hate even making short trips to the big Three; Dallas, Houston, Austin.

Via Con Dios Bullshop Junior

Springfield
09-25-2014, 12:36 PM
I really need to visit Texas. It used to be on my list of places to go to when I finally get out of California, but not so sure anymore. But that may not be fair as it is a big place and it varies greatly from one end to the other, kinda like California. I must say though that people who live there tend to stay there, or go back there after they retire, so there must be something to it. My kids are only 11 and 13, so I will be here a while, we'll see where they go after they move out.

Blanco
09-25-2014, 12:52 PM
Although I'm a bit biased, being from Texas.
I used to do a good deal of travel, doing service work for an international company. Folks from Texas are a bit friendlier. Not that other places are horrible, just that most Texans are that much more inviting. There were a couple of place in the North East that I would rather avoid.

Love Life
09-25-2014, 04:04 PM
Texas is part of "Greater Appalachia" being first settled by Scotch Irish, Welsh, a few Englishmen with some German thrown in for good measure. They tend to be a clannish sort, but will accept foreigners into the mix if they learn to talk right, act right and leave their foolish foreign ways behind them at the state line. There is a presumption that foreigners are not going to change, so it is up to the individual to prove him or her self and show they are worthy to be Texans. Being A Texan means far more than crossing the state line. You must adopt the values, morals and perspective of a Texas. That doesn't matter in Dallas, Houston and Austin but nothing matters much in those cesspools. Very few real Texas live there anyway.

No urge to be a Texan these days!! As I said, if I still had all my old connections and opportunities then I wouldn't mind living there. At the time we lived there we really had the opportunity to hunt, fish, roam, and shoot because we were cheap under the table labor for the local ranchers. I have no complaints about it as we made enough money to buy beer, take the ladies out, and take trips into Mexico.

However, after being gone so long, I would not go back today. I have tasted the wide open and available public lands of the west, and when I am done with the rat race I am headed back to my Sage Brush Ocean.

Char-Gar
09-25-2014, 04:21 PM
Everybody belongs somewhere because that is where are hearts are. We can travel, explore and roam, but we also are pulled by to our land. For me that is Texas, for others it can be just about anywhere on planet earth. When we grow mature enough to know where we belong, we should head back this as soon as we can.

I get very agitated with what goes on here on the Texas/Mexico border and am tempted to pull up stakes every now and again, but when the irritation de jour passes, I realize this is where I belong...Aqui mi queda (Here I will remain).

Love Life
09-25-2014, 04:24 PM
You hit it on the head. Home is where you want to be. You have to take the good with the bad.

Freightman
09-25-2014, 05:08 PM
Texas is really five different cultures, no two are exactly alike. But if you don't care for it then have fun where you go and good luck.

Bullshop Junior
09-25-2014, 11:11 PM
I actually have nothing against Texas, other then how I have no place to hunt or shoot. The closest place for me to go shooting is 40 miles away and i have no place to hunt. Im used to being able to just hop on my dirtbike with a gun and go. Thats why I dont like texas.

Plus there is more money in ND.

Anyway. This thread wasnt supposed to be about me moving. It was me apologizing to everyone here for being horrible at holding up my end of a deal.

helice
09-29-2014, 12:16 AM
I grew up in N. Dak. Haven't been back for a while. Used to hunt near Watford City. People there are great. Just dont forget to pack your cold weather gear. I can shiver just remembering how cold December was.

I wish you good hunting and God's speed.

TXGunNut
09-29-2014, 12:57 AM

Well said indeed, Texans are very tolerant of folks from other states, even other countries. Just don't correct us by telling us how you did it "back home".

robertbank
10-03-2014, 08:01 PM
North Dakota Eh. Damn! Winnipeg is just North of there and Winnipeg is the coldest darn place on the planet bar none (Well the coldest north of the 49th anyway). You want to experience cold? Try Portage & Main streets in January. My teeth crack just thinking about it. Good luck in ND sounds a lot like Ft. McMurray, Alberta and the tar sands although there are things to do and solid infrastructure for families there.

Take care

Bob.

km101
10-04-2014, 05:56 PM
My brother worked out of Minot for about 3 years. He said that by the time he left, housing was non-existent and hotels and motels had tripled their rates. The cost of living there is VERY expensive now and has been for a while. You need to take this into account before you go, or you may be living in your truck!

As Waksupi mentioned, your good wage will be devalued by the cost of living.

Parson
10-04-2014, 10:23 PM
You probably do not remember me but I am the guy that gave you kids most of my casting equipment when I retired. I live in Mandan, ND. I am not going to make any promises that I cannot keep, but if I can do anything to help don't be afraid to call or stop by. Your dad should know how to get ahold of me, we did a lot of business together in the past