PDA

View Full Version : Books / video recomendation for revolver

jsheyn
09-23-2014, 03:10 PM
Fellas,

I'd like solicit some advice about revolver gunsmithing. I have over the years become comfortable with the 1911 and most striker fired stuff. However I have only had 2 revolvers apart in my entire life. Seeing as how I own mostly revolvers I would like to educate myself to the point that I can disassemble beyond a field strip and identify all the internals and their function.

At this point I am not looking to do any gunsmithing just disassembly and reassembly.
Thanks much and I appreciate your advice.

Nobade
09-24-2014, 07:37 AM
If you have S&W or Colt or Ruger revolvers, I can't recommend the Kunhausen books highly enough. They are the standard. Brownells sells them, and after you read one you'll know all about your particular firearm.

-Nobade

Jackpine
10-07-2014, 11:21 AM
Noblade is one the money. I have three of Kunhausens books, a pile of gunsmithing, firearm disassembly, and how to books. Kunhausen is by far the best. Some of the AGI videos are good, but I think they are kind of spendy and I find it much easier to go back to a book for a quick question than scrolling thru a video.

Jackpine

contender1
10-08-2014, 02:06 PM
If I were to be building a library of books, I'd start with the Gun Digest books on Dis-assembly & Assembly by J.B. Woods. A set of books, with LOTS of models with detailed pics showing the dis-assembly process. For more detailed works,,, the books mentioned above are excellent.