PDA

View Full Version : I`m back!

Hardcast416taylor
09-22-2014, 02:48 PM
Have been meaning to see my Dr. about a dull "toothache" like pain in my left knee for the last month or more. Finally saw him last Wed. where he sent me to the local hospital for a doplar and X-Ray series of the knee. When the tests were done they wouldn`t allow me to leave and admitted me right there and then for a DVT (blood clots) of the left knee and lower leg! Was sprung late Sunday from a fun filled 4 days of IV thinners and tasty, well prepared hospital fud (slang for lousy food) and being confined to a "Salvation Army Hammock" of a bed they said costs $22,000 new. Feel totally beat up today, yet the Frau says that I`m still alive! Haven`t had clots in 11 years in that leg, back in `77 clots there nearly DID ME IN! What is worse about their orders on discharging me - "Stay out of the woods and weed fields till the leg quits hurting", guess they knew I hunt! We`ll see how long that is, this old man just may heal real quick.Robert

BK7saum
09-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Robert,

Glad your out of the hospital and that your stay wasn't any longer. Heal up quick! Hunting season is upon us.

Brad

Ed Barrett
09-22-2014, 03:51 PM
If we are rating hospitals, I would give 4 stars for the food at University Hospital in Columbia Missouri. Each day the give you a 5 page menu and you can order from it 24 hours a day. Only problem was the first 4 days after my operation I could only have Ice chips. But I made up for it the next 6 days.

Just Duke
09-22-2014, 03:57 PM
Glad your back Robert.

BrassMagnet
09-22-2014, 08:19 PM
Surviving a hospital visit is always cause for celebration!

Welcome back!

smokeywolf
09-22-2014, 08:27 PM
Miracle you didn't contract some antibiotic resistant virus while in the hospital.

TXGunNut
09-22-2014, 10:16 PM
Congrats on the escape. Seems the rule of thumb for folks I know is to go into the hospital to treat one problem and contract/receive treatment for two other problems before you (hopefully) get out.

MaryB
09-23-2014, 12:41 AM
DVT is no fun, did that 4 years ago. % days of torture plus they gave me noro virus because one of the kitchen people had it and didn't stay home. Nurses were run ragged with people barfing for 2 days straight. I was glad to get out of there so my messed up back could recover.

crazy mark
09-23-2014, 01:29 AM
That sounds like a cheaper hil-rom bed. They have one that is close to $50K They are really fun to work on also. If it had the air mattress sitting with you legs over the side can and will make you Nauseous. I have been on xarelto for almost a year because of a spot in my right leg that likes to clot. Get rid of the clot.

Hardcast416taylor
09-23-2014, 08:35 PM
That sounds like a cheaper hil-rom bed. They have one that is close to $50K They are really fun to work on also. If it had the air mattress sitting with you legs over the side can and will make you Nauseous. I have been on xarelto for almost a year because of a spot in my right leg that likes to clot. Get rid of the clot.

I got my shock about that blood thinner Xarelto that they put me on and yanked the Coumadin off me. I picked up a scrip for it that would last 30 days at 1/day. I had to pay $35! In fine print on the description of the drug it said, "if insurance hadn`t been available your bill would be $329.45!" For 30 pills!Robert

smokeywolf
09-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Be sure to read the FDA's "Black Box" warning on the Xarelto.

Remiel
09-23-2014, 09:56 PM
Good to hear that you are better, hospitals are no fun, i try to avoid them when i can

gray wolf
09-24-2014, 09:27 AM
Get better soon, hunt from an open window for a while.
Sorry to hear it even happened.

Hardcast416taylor
09-24-2014, 02:37 PM
Get better soon, hunt from an open window for a while.
Sorry to hear it even happened.

Nearest I can figure on what happened to cause the DVT clots was about 6 weeks back I was under my tractor and a 1/2" air impact wrench that was on a running board fell off and landed on the flat outside area of that knee. Me and air tools have a love/hate relationship with each other!Robert