PDA

View Full Version : Props for RCBS

taco650
09-21-2014, 10:58 PM
Just wanted to give praise to RCBS. I've owned an RCBS Junior since 1978. My dad & I went together on it and several other items because I wanted to start reloading my own ammo. This press has loaded countless rounds over the years. Last year the primer arm cracked around the cup/spring holder and I could no longer prime with it. Fast forward to two weeks ago. I got on their web site and looked for a replacement part for the broken primer arm. Couldn't find it so I sent in an email. I got a response a day later from John Thor saying there was a part available and just order it and it would be no charge to me. I responded and asked for the part # and he gave it to me. Yesterday I got home from work and my wife says to me "You got something in the mail from ATK/RCBS. Did you order something?". Me: "No". I then opened the small padded shipping envelope and find a new primer arm in it! I then told her about the series of emails I had sent. THEY HAD SENT ME THE PART WITHOUT ME ORDERING IT OR EVEN ASKING ME TO!

I never thought I'd get service like that and I also didn't think a part was still available to get my old press working so... THANK YOU RCBS!

VHoward
09-21-2014, 11:17 PM
Have to love that lifetime warranty.

pkie44
09-21-2014, 11:20 PM
I agree, service is great. I bought a used press and when it arrived the box looked as if it had been treated really rough, turns out the shoulder bolt for the turret was bent. I looked for a replacement to buy with no luck. I called RCBS and asked to buy the bolt, they sent it no charge even after I tried to explain I'd be happy to pay for it. Good service indeed!

Hardcast416taylor
09-21-2014, 11:40 PM
I use their small iron pot for making 5 lb. +/- ingots when smelting weights. Still don`t know how I lost the wire bail handle off it. A call to RCBS about a replacement bail that I would pay for got me a new bail about 5 days later at no charge even after I told them I had lost it. Good people to deal with there.Robert

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
09-22-2014, 12:22 AM
I've found my experience with RCBS to be their customer service/warranty/non-warranty support to be just a notch above Dillon and Hornady, both of whom I've had occasion to use their warranty service.

Bayou52
09-22-2014, 05:22 AM
My RCBS equipment is 35-40 years old. RCBS has sent many replacement parts at no charge.

Your experience with RCBS CS is typical, not exceptional. They have stellar CS, and as a result, I purchase RCBS products to the exclusion of others.

RCBS has EARNED my business, as I've never had a bad CS experience with RCBS.

Bayou52

winelover
09-22-2014, 06:38 AM
Just wanted to give praise to RCBS. I've owned an RCBS Junior since 1978. My dad & I went together on it and several other items because I wanted to start reloading my own ammo. This press has loaded countless rounds over the years. Last year the primer arm cracked around the cup/spring holder and I could no longer prime with it. Fast forward to two weeks ago. I got on their web site and looked for a replacement part for the broken primer arm. Couldn't find it so I sent in an email. I got a response a day later from John Thor saying there was a part available and just order it and it would be no charge to me. I responded and asked for the part # and he gave it to me. Yesterday I got home from work and my wife says to me "You got something in the mail from ATK/RCBS. Did you order something?". Me: "No". I then opened the small padded shipping envelope and find a new primer arm in it! I then told her about the series of emails I had sent. THEY HAD SENT ME THE PART WITHOUT ME ORDERING IT OR EVEN ASKING ME TO!

I never thought I'd get service like that and I also didn't think a part was still available to get my old press working so... THANK YOU RCBS!

Usually, that's the way it goes down------except, I suspect it depends on which tech you happen to be dealt. I sent RCBS an E-mail for almost the same thing. I lost the small primer seating post for my JR in a move. On August 9th., Charles Miller set me a link to Midway for the whole priming arm assembly-----I didn't need or want all the parts. Seems RCBS, has a policy that is up to the tech's digressions. Granted, they still have the best Customer Service in the business.

Winelover

cbrick
09-22-2014, 07:00 AM
Redding agrees that RCBS is superior in customer service. When I had a problem with a Redding product Redding on the phone told me no, do not send it back because there is nothing wrong with Redding tools. They then told me that if I didn't like that I should buy RCBS. When I posted on this forum my experience with Redding Robin Sharpless of Redding responded by sending out emails that slandered me.

I took their advice, not a single thing since then that says Redding on it and never will again. RCBS on the other hand is the exact opposite and their customer service is second to no one. RCBS has earned my respect and my business. Redding has earned my contempt.

Rick

dragon813gt
09-22-2014, 07:25 AM
Usually, that's the way it goes down------except, I suspect it depends on which tech you happen to be dealt. I sent RCBS an E-mail for almost the same thing. I lost the small primer seating post for my JR in a move. On August 9th., Charles Miller set me a link to Midway for the whole priming arm assembly-----I didn't need or want all the parts. Seems RCBS, has a policy that is up to the tech's digressions. Granted, they still have the best Customer Service in the business.

Winelover

Seems this way to me. Got a bunch of parts for free and a timely response for a LAM1. Picked up a second one shortly after fixing up the first one. Took over a week to get a response. Yes I know a phone call would have been quicker but I rarely have time ti make them during worm. Ended up having to pay for the parts to repair the second LAM1. Both times it took three weeks to get the parts. My experience w/ them is not the greatest. The ship time is what killed it for me.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
09-22-2014, 08:01 AM
I agree their ship time for replacement parts is pretty slow is one is on the East Coast. You would think they would open a warehouse for such things in Kansas somewhere, but it has not happened yet.

taco650
09-22-2014, 10:37 AM
I'm glad to hear others have had good service from RCBS. What surprised me most was that they sent the part without me asking and didn't charge. I was just waiting till the checkbook looked a little better and fully expected to pay for the part. It was very pleasant surprise!

arclight
09-23-2014, 03:31 AM
I'm glad to hear others have had good service from RCBS. What surprised me most was that they sent the part without me asking and didn't charge. I was just waiting till the checkbook looked a little better and fully expected to pay for the part. It was very pleasant surprise!

The last time I called them, I needed about 15 parts to get a big lot of used dies I had traded for up and running. Things like lock rings, set screws and even 2 whole decapping/expanding assemblies. They took my order and then refused to charge me, even after I explained that I purchased everything second-hand and that the parts were lost and not broken. A+ customer service.

Arclight