PDA

View Full Version : hornaday powder measure and scale

twc1964
09-21-2014, 12:43 PM
Ok guys, does anyone have any experience with the newer hornaday powder measure scale. Its the electronic digital trickler type dispenser. Ive watched a few youtube vids and they seem to be quite accurate but im wanting to hear from folks who have used one for a while and if any drift or other pobs have arisen. Thx guys.

runfiverun
09-21-2014, 01:11 PM
I don't have their electronic trickler one.
but recently purchased one of their little electronic scales and have been using it off and on for a couple of months now.
it agrees with my Dillon electronic and my lyman electric trickler scales, and doesn't ever wander more than .01 off track.
that is generally from me rolling the trickler up just short of it changing to the next tenth, then it shows it as the pan weight [negative number] being more so I notice it right away.
at one time all of the decent electronic scales were all made by one company, at least the ones sold in the us were.
now day's I don't know.

twc1964
09-21-2014, 01:45 PM
Ok river, i am looking at getting the electronic measure later. From what ive seen, the hornaday is more accurate and faster than the rcbs model. The rcbs model on occasions, can wander a bit in measurments or so ive been told. Also the hornaday is half the price of the rcbs. A good one could remove a lot of errors in reloading in reguards to the teqnique in a manual measure. Just my thoughts. Ymmv

Weaponologist
09-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Runfiverun, Myself and others have been in the market for a new Digital scale but didn't know where to go to get good advice on them. Sense you have several could you go here < http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?248341-Digital-scale > and leave some input on what all you have tried and what you like and don't like...It would help out a lot....Thanks...Bill

edctexas
09-21-2014, 09:34 PM
My RCBS does a great job. It does occasionally produce an over or under, but if you are watching it does show that the measure is off. If you check the over or under with some other scale, the measured load is off by the amount the RCBS says. Surely the hornady tool is also accurate. I love the digital trickler!
Ed C