PDA

View Full Version : PC 225 bullets

Wayne S
09-20-2014, 08:40 PM
one simple question, regardless of which method you use on your 225 bullets they still need baking, so my question is; does it effect the PC if the bullets are laying on their sides ? I guess this also pertains to 7 MM & 30 Cal as well

cstrickland
09-20-2014, 08:49 PM
one simple question, regardless of which method you use on your 225 bullets they still need baking, so my question is; does it effect the PC if the bullets are laying on their sides ? I guess this also pertains to 7 MM & 30 Cal as well
wayne I did some lee 155's with the HF red . I had limited sucess, but one thing I noticed that was if the bullet tipped over there would be a bare spot on that side. now this may be because there was not enough powder to start with, becuse I have seem some that dry tumble on here and then just dump on a wire basket and bake. I use the aluminum tray that came with the toaster oven, and some NSRW

Moonie
09-20-2014, 11:05 PM
I did about 1,000 boolits earlier this week, the shake and bake method, dumped into a wire basket. I did .270, 30, 40 and 45 calibers, they came out looking great. I would do it on .225 in a heart beat. Worse case you melt them back down.

el34
09-21-2014, 12:35 PM
I had horrible results with DT on any boolits but I was really hoping it would work just so I could do 225s. Standing them upright for spraying is doable-
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?250686-ESPC-d-a-few-223-boolits-for-a-sanity-check

No gc's on them yet, that was the part that went in the washer hole.

I haven't done any more yet but still plan to glue a bunch of those washers to a tray and accept the fact it might be a bit slow to do a thousand. At 35c - 50c per round storebought I'd really like to make my own ammo, boolits at around a penny each to cast and coat, 5c - 6c per loaded round sounds pretty good.