PDA

View Full Version : MSC has the [b]CARBIDE[/b] boring bars again!

Buckshot
02-02-2008, 06:31 AM
................In their most recent flyer. These are made by Circle C. I think they have the 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2" bars on sale for like $107 each. These all come with 5 or 10 inserts, spare screw and the TORX wrench, in a nice closeable plastic tray with foam insert. Regular price on these things is WELL over $200

A couple of these with 10 inserts means you're only paying like $30 for the freaking bar :-)!

Says limited supply, too.

www.mscdirect.com Check the latest Specials flyer on their website homepage.

.................Buckshot

garandsrus
02-02-2008, 11:28 PM
Buckshot,

Thanks for the heads up! I think I bought everything I need from the eBay guy... What does it take to wear out an insert?

Thanks,
John

Buckshot
02-03-2008, 03:25 AM
Buckshot,

Thanks for the heads up! I think I bought everything I need from the eBay guy... What does it take to wear out an insert?

Thanks,
John

................Ah, that'd be interupted cuts, feed too fast, coolant shock, Feeding in to cut with the spindle turning in the wrong direction!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,,,,amongst others :-)

.................Buckshot

kirb
02-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Buckshot,

Thanks for the heads up I ordered the1/4 and 3/8 should be here Friday.

Garandsrus, who is the ebay guy,

Thanks guys
Kirb

garandsrus
02-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Kirb,

A seller, JTs Machinery and Supply Co, has several carbide boring bars for sale. Here's a link to his store (http://stores.ebay.com/JTS-Machinery-And-Supply-Co). The boring bars I purchased only came with one insert.

Do a search on "boring bar" in his store. He has a bunch of items available at great prices.

John