PDA

View Full Version : Polish P64 - Getting the bug to grab one.

Powder Burn
09-19-2014, 11:29 AM
These things are going for $259 + shipping. 9x18 Makarov. Looks similar to my PPK/s. Are they reliable? Pros-Cons? Sounds like the double action trigger (spring) would need to reworked and Wolff makes replacements.

MtGun44
09-19-2014, 06:30 PM
A friend has two. Nice little pistol except for the LITERALLY 20 lb + trigger pull. Most
guys need two fingers to pull it, some can make it go bang with one hand.

Very safe gun.

Bill

JWFilips
09-19-2014, 07:30 PM
Yes I had that urge once ....sure glad it passed!:mrgreen:

mac60
09-19-2014, 10:18 PM
I have one. It's an interesting little gun. 6 rd. mag. capacity, small, easily concealed and reliable. One thing that's a drawback for a reloader is that I have never seen another gun that ejects brass further that the P64.

canyon-ghost
09-19-2014, 10:30 PM
I'll stay with my nines .

Kevinakaq
09-19-2014, 11:08 PM
Sends brass into orbit. Punches hard on your web. Single action pull that requires a wench. I replaced the springs on mine and brought single down to 6-7 lbs and double was very light under 4. That is the problem with adjusting trigger. I recently traded mine when making a deal and found myself short of cash. I got good trade value but miss the pistol. For a small concealed carry it is great in my opinion. No sharp edges and slick design. Never had a jam. Milled parts and nice finish on the one I had. Preferred it for carry over my Bodyguard. Price mentioned is fair.

prsman23
09-19-2014, 11:16 PM
I just got two from aim. Ordered the springs from Wolff. They look like they have never been shot. Cool pistols. I don't regret it one bit.

aspangler
09-19-2014, 11:23 PM
Bought mine 2 years ago and love it. If you get one, get the Wolffe spring kit also. Dropped my hammer down pull to 8-10 pounds and the single action to about 4. Accurate, reliable. Great concealed carry gun.

Coyote3
09-19-2014, 11:53 PM
Cool little pistols, but the blowback operation makes them a little beastie to shoot. That said, I love mine.

Piedmont
09-20-2014, 01:52 AM
I bought one two or three years ago and don't like it. It works (reliable) and is well made but I find the recoil just plain nasty. The Makarov which is four ounces heavier and has a two round longer grip is much more comfortable to shoot.

The grip on the P64 is so short that there is a nasty torque to the recoil. Nothing else I have shot bites my offhand index finger like this one. It is all in how I hold the gun but that is the same way I hold even magnum revolvers and they don't bite me in this manner. It is a combination of the short grip, light slide, and blowback action. So this is a one hand gun for me.

So I carry a J frame and if I carry an auto in addition, I go with a larger one.

If this is for a concealed carry pocket gun, modern polymer locked breach pistols would be more desirable. The P64 weighs 21 ounces which is heavier than lots of folks want in their pocket. If you just want to own a quality pistol similar to a Walther, but much cheaper, buy it.

odfairfaxsub
09-20-2014, 07:03 AM
I carry mine all the time every time. Shoot the lee mold in it And the discouraging thing about reloading is loosing brass. I literally will not shoot the gun unless I have a brass spotter

jrayborn
09-20-2014, 07:08 AM
This is currently the best deal in a pistol that actually works well for that price. It may not be everything to everyone, but it is a value for the price. In 4-5 years these will be 4-5 hundred dollars. You can't really go wrong.

They are accurate, well made, and go bang every time. If you are looking for something that is inexpensive and just plain works in an actual steel gun, this is a decent choice. The 9mak round is a decent choice too. There really is no better deal out there right now.

Powder Burn
09-20-2014, 01:28 PM
Some good info here. I noticed CAI has them for a few dollars cheaper but they may not be the same condition as AIM. I carry a Walther PPS 9 mil and my PPK/s is sort of my pocket/fun gun. The P64 would be nice addition and not break the bank.

TCLouis
09-22-2014, 11:08 PM
Little bit fatter, but I can certainly recommend the CZ82 has 12 rounds of 9X18 in the magazine and likely about the same price.

Bulldogger
09-23-2014, 12:18 PM
I had one and second the comments about hard recoil to the web and tendency to muzzle jump. I did not like mine and sold it off happily.
It is a good cheap pistol, if that's your only objective. I had greater needs I guess.
Bulldogger