PDA

View Full Version : case lube while stainless media tumbling?

mallen
09-18-2014, 10:55 PM
Iv got an issue with my powder funnel gouging up and gripping cases while not flaring them well (just some, not all, apparently). so i would like to lube them. is there a lube i can mix with polish and stainless media that will keep the cases lubed?

Mike Kerr
09-19-2014, 01:27 AM
If its on a progressive or turret type press with a powder thru expander die Like Dillon's or Lee's, I have found many times that a buffing/cleaning with a steel wool pad over the exterior of the funnel itself is of great benefit for a smooth operating funnel. I just lightly polish my funnels from time to time. Might be better than trying to find a lube that actually will mix with the stainless cleaning method.

mallen
09-19-2014, 01:30 AM
i thought about trying to polish this one, but dillon is sending a new one. so, trying to find a way to avoid the problem.

bobthenailer
09-19-2014, 07:35 AM
How about a TNT coated powder drop tube for the Dillon

Moonie
09-19-2014, 09:40 AM
I have started using car wash and wax instead of the Dawn, the brass is still just as clean but doesn't begin to tarnish so quickly. Might try that, couldn't hurt to have what small lubricity the wash and wax adds.

Walter Laich
09-19-2014, 12:45 PM
I have started using car wash and wax instead of the Dawn, the brass is still just as clean but doesn't begin to tarnish so quickly. Might try that, couldn't hurt to have what small lubricity the wash and wax adds.
+1
I use ArmorAll Ultra Wash and Wax. Three capfuls per load in STM Rebel 17 tumbler

mallen
09-19-2014, 05:54 PM
How about a TNT coated powder drop tube for the Dillon
sounds interesting. please elaborate

mallen
09-19-2014, 05:55 PM
+1
I use ArmorAll Ultra Wash and Wax. Three capfuls per load in STM Rebel 17 tumbler

will give this a try