PDA

View Full Version : My new summit pres

beppe
09-17-2014, 05:16 PM
Hello everyone !! I finally tried the summit, and I say that I liked, but I could not do two things with her:
1 you can not reprime the case
2 you can not use the prime pocket swager
in any case I am happy with my tenth single stage pres:guntootsmiley::2 drunk buddies:

hornetman
09-17-2014, 08:43 PM
I have red,white and blue #209. I'm quite pleased with the performance and ergonomics in general. Runout is on a par with my co-ax; however, I may remount it on a higher platform(currently on a RCBS accessory Plate. When seating small caliber bullets-17 Ackley hornets in particular-the die lowering to the case obscures things enough to make it a little more difficult to start the bullet than on other presses. It's got a permanent place on my bench.

mdi
09-18-2014, 11:36 AM
While I don't have a Summit, my methods don't include the two examples you give. I use a ram prime tool. I have tried most all priming methods and arrived at the easiest, most repeatable method; ram priming, which can be done on any single stage press. I have reloaded thousands of mil-spec brass and I have yet to swage any as I prefer using a countersink to remove the crimp (as a life long machinist/mechanic my first thought when I first encountered primer crimps was to cut the disrupted edge of the primer cup with a countersink).

Other than those "short comings", how do you like the Summit?

Sghinds
09-18-2014, 12:41 PM
I have been contemplating buying one of these, or the Turret as my next press.

mold maker
09-18-2014, 01:29 PM
I have Red White and Blue # 29, and love it.

country gent
09-18-2014, 01:39 PM
I just purchased mine a few weeks ago. Another thing Ive found is that my meacham bullet lube sizer wont work with it either. But the press is great very solid alot of leverage and a very open access to the shell holder.

mdi
09-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Jes curious, why doesn't the Mecham fit the Summit?

I looked at some pics of a Summit, but failed to see any interference... Anyone?