PDA

View Full Version : New to me, BPCR rifle

oneMOA
09-16-2014, 05:26 PM
Have recently purchased a C. Sharps 1885 in 45-70 and this rifle is so purty I should get a bonus of at least two chickens on my score where ever I go. :grin: Now I know you want pictures, but first I have to take 'em and then figure out how to post them here. Maybe someone could advise me or point to a sticky on posting pics. I do plan to add a MVA scope for my old tired eyes.

supe47
09-16-2014, 07:51 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?108333-*Image-Hosting*-Tutorial-and-FAQ

Remmy4477
09-16-2014, 09:02 PM
Purrty Rifles get two chickens before the match even starts. I like that!!

bbqncigars
09-16-2014, 11:40 PM
Have you ever tried a good peep sight? Most of my single shots sport some version of tang sight with adjustable apertures. The Sharps Creedmoor repro has a Pedersoli tang with a Hadley aperture. I find them quite sufficient out to the farthest target at my local (200yds). I will admit that the big gun (50BMG) wears a scope, but: I couldn't make out a target as far as it can shoot; and there are zero provisions for iron sights on that gun.

oldred
09-17-2014, 08:47 AM
Still watin on them pitchers!!!!

bigted
09-19-2014, 06:27 PM
like ol red said!

country gent
09-19-2014, 06:49 PM
I just purchased my second MVA scope and mounted it up ( transfered the original with fine crosshairs to the hepburn and the new one on the CPA) I opted for the 4-6min reticle and really like it. A very reliable repeatable set-up. Keep in mind several things with these scopes, A) ring spacing determines number of thousandth Per Minute adjustment B) scope has to be returned to battery after each shot by hand C) the luubes used in black powder rounds is going to coat the front lense when fired eventually a slow process but it happens as the fine mist of lube is airborne also spotting scopes see this effect also. D) The screw in lense covers are easy to loose misplace if not carefull. I have been pleased with mine. I have them on 17" ring spacing ( .010 per minute) . There is nothing wrong with the appeture sights Tang laddler and front globe as long as you can see them.

Idaho Sharpshooter
09-20-2014, 12:54 AM
I own Elmer Keith's Shiloh LRE in 45-90, serial #EK100. How many chickens is that good for?